Tire Pressure With And Without A FEL Installed.

/ Tire Pressure With And Without A FEL Installed. #1  

Utopia Texas

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650 / Kubota L6060 / Kubota ZD2300
Having a discussion with a neighbor about tire pressure with and without FEL installed. If a FEL is installed and you plan on weight in the FEL do you use the higher or lower tire pressure range recommended in your manual? Or do you pay any attention at all? :D

/ Tire Pressure With And Without A FEL Installed. #2  
If you don't want the tire to roll off the rim you'll add air. I go to 35 or 40. Based on my experience.

/ Tire Pressure With And Without A FEL Installed. #3  
do you use the higher or lower tire pressure

The correct PSI depends on your tire size and 4WD. For my tractor the manual says to add 10 PSI for the FEL plus 4 more PSI for the 4WD. So my normal is 12 PSI and with FEL it's 26 PSI.

/ Tire Pressure With And Without A FEL Installed. #4  
I go by max pressure listed on the sidewall... all the time.

/ Tire Pressure With And Without A FEL Installed. #6  
My Kubota recommends 25 psi without loader, 36 psi with.

Sean

/ Tire Pressure With And Without A FEL Installed. #7  
Your owners manual has all that info in it, or at least should have it. Sometimes the FEL manual also has it. I have always run whatever the manual suggested for normal use, and also what it says for FEL use, and it will be a different number for sure. You also have to take into consideration which type tire you are running, but again, your manual should have pressures for each type.

BTW- I normally don't have my loader on my tractor, so i can get away with a little bit lower pressure in them. But, when I do mount the loader, they get max sidewall rating.

Last edited:
   / Tire Pressure With And Without A FEL Installed. #8  
There is a fine line between right and wrong. I recommend that in the rear that you always have full tread contact across the tire. The front can have some sag with the bucket full but not to much.

What plays in here is the front rear ratio and drive train wear. The average 100 hour a year user probably will never notice or think anything is wrong with a drive line failure on a 15 to twenty year old tractor.

/ Tire Pressure With And Without A FEL Installed. #9  
My first set of front tires developed some nasty bulges in the sidewall, possibly a result of not running enough pressure while doing loader work. May have been a defect in the tire, it's hard to be sure.

Sean

/ Tire Pressure With And Without A FEL Installed. #10  
I run the fronts at the maximum listed either on the tire or in the manual.