Backhoe over sensitive swing on JD backhoe

/ over sensitive swing on JD backhoe #11  
My experience with jumpy backhoes boils down to getting used to the machine feel, and/or work faster, and/or use two functions at same time. Finally if approaching wall or something brace two hands against each other and barely open valve to get smooth slow movement. If nothing else works reduce RPM.

/ over sensitive swing on JD backhoe #12  
My experience with jumpy backhoes boils down to getting used to the machine feel, and/or work faster, and/or use two functions at same time. Finally if approaching wall or something brace two hands against each other and barely open valve to get smooth slow movement. If nothing else works reduce RPM.
This has been my experience as well. With practice i would get better at working the controls and being able to do multiple functions while swinging the boom. I'd get better at anticipating and my efficiency would get better.

/ over sensitive swing on JD backhoe #13  

I agree with you except a newbie operator should not be working close to a wall. Get some seat time first and develop the skills needed for close work first. Accidents can happen and I don't allow anyone to stand too close either while operating. I also slow down the engine rpms' for delicate work that is the best approach imo as it doesn't hamper the hydraulics with restrictions you won't wan't at other times.

/ over sensitive swing on JD backhoe #14  
Agree with jenkinsph on newbie vs walls etc. also agree on not modifying hydraulics which I have never done or seen done. And also on keeping people safe distance!