Dusty nose question?

/ Dusty nose question? #31  
There are a lot of us with full beards, goatees etc that wear the Wolfsnout with complete satisfaction.

Something must have changed over the years. I was wanting to bid on a spray painters job at work years ago and was told I would have to shave. AND I would have to shave every morning so the mask would get a good seal while in the spray booth. Also, if I didn't shave in the morning and the stubble got to long, there was a jar of Vaseline near by to smear on my face where the mask sealed.

The engineers said that with any facial hair I might as well leave the mask in my locker.

/ Dusty nose question? #32  
There's a big difference between keeping out toxins vs dust and pollen.

/ Dusty nose question? #33  
There's a big difference between keeping out toxins vs dust and pollen.

Whats the difference? My thinking is, a micron of any type of material will take the path of least resistance. So if my whiskers hold the mask away from my skin, that is where the offending material will enter.

/ Dusty nose question? #35  
Whats the difference? My thinking is, a micron of any type of material will take the path of least resistance. So if my whiskers hold the mask away from my skin, that is where the offending material will enter.

The difference is that dust won't kill you if a little gets in. ;)

All I can say is try one. i have a goatee and have a beard at times. My mask works great regardless, and I have friends with ful beards who say the same thing.

/ Dusty nose question? #37  
It sounds like we all agree that they would leak around the sides a little. And you say the mask still works well enough to be worth the hassle and expense. My only question now is, does it work well enough to keep your nose clean, or is it just not as dirty?

/ Dusty nose question? #38  
It sounds like we all agree that they would leak around the sides a little. And you say the mask still works well enough to be worth the hassle and expense. My only question now is, does it work well enough to keep your nose clean, or is it just not as dirty?

I can get off my Z after a day of mowing and not blow any soot out. It works extremely well. One thing to point out- many masks are rather stiff material (even surgical type masks) that do not seal well. The WS is foam material that seems to seal around hair exceptionally well.

I seriously doubt you'll have any problems with it sealing off well. Especially if you wear it like the directions say to.

Hey, I wanted to ask you, you're not the guy on youtube with the 2305 that does all the gardening videos using his JD's (especially the 2305) and various implements including a home made S tine cultivator are you?

/ Dusty nose question? #39  
I can get off my Z after a day of mowing and not blow any soot out. It works extremely well. One thing to point out- many masks are rather stiff material (even surgical type masks) that do not seal well. The WS is foam material that seems to seal around hair exceptionally well.

I seriously doubt you'll have any problems with it sealing off well. Especially if you wear it like the directions say to.

Hey, I wanted to ask you, you're not the guy on youtube with the 2305 that does all the gardening videos using his JD's (especially the 2305) and various implements including a home made S tine cultivator are you?

Heavens no, i'm not computery (word?) enough to do anything like that. Besides, the only video camera we have is an old miniature VCR camera we bought in 1997 and we haven't used it since the turn of the century.

/ Dusty nose question? #40  
I'm working in a very dusty place. Inches thick on the ground. Now it's inches thick in my nose. What is the best dust mask or solution you use successfully? I think I need a firehose to clean my nose. Any help would be very, very appreciated. :confused2:

edkemper: One thing you can try is get a dust mask and then refrigerate over night or at least for a few hours before using it and it will keep dust out as well as keeping nice and cool. You could also try getting it just slightly wet in cold water.