Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    vendor

Default Re: Dusty nose question?

Quote Originally Posted by bigtiller View Post
    I'm sure they work really swell, and they have a manly color and markings, but the picture reminds me of a jock strap for the face.
    -image002-jpg
    Wolfsnout® Lawn Mowing/Cutting Dust Mask
    Last edited by Wolfsnout; 08-06-2014 at 10:52 PM.

Tractor
    Omega Lift

Will buy one this weekend because I need to do an intense general cleaning of the house and it seems I got a good recommendations here! :-)

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    L3410

Hmm, advertisers openly on this thread (seemed likely)....OK, fine, no problem but if a TB bacillus (2-4 microns) can't get by a decent grade N95 mask (e.g., 3M 1860 - yup there are lots of cheaper, non-certified knockoffs out there claiming N95) neither can the much larger pollen (smallest in 10 micron range, largest around 100)...period. Whatever, one can "shake out" a good N95 and re-use it once but long term re-useable, no and it costs a buck or 2 per mask. Whatever, if not major league allergic consider cetirizine or fexofenadine on your "mowing day", and for moderate dust try washing your nose out with generic (cheap) salt water sprays. Heck, I have access to hospital N95 masks, probably as many as I want, but only have minor pollen issues and dust is more a problem getting in my eyes (even with sunglasses) while I'm mowing than in my nose. Just wash the darn stuff out after you mow.
    I'm sure the Wolfsnout is fine - just consider trying the aforementioned alternatives before laying out cash.
    Take care out there - yeah, if it's dry there's going to be major dust with mowing, and if also pollen season, that too.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD 240, JD Z950A, JD 4115

Quote Originally Posted by cisco View Post
    Hmm, advertisers openly on this thread (seemed likely)....OK, fine, no problem but if a TB bacillus (2-4 microns) can't get by a decent grade N95 mask (e.g., 3M 1860 - yup there are lots of cheaper, non-certified knockoffs out there claiming N95) neither can the much larger pollen (smallest in 10 micron range, largest around 100)...period. Whatever, one can "shake out" a good N95 and re-use it once but long term re-useable, no and it costs a buck or 2 per mask. Whatever, if not major league allergic consider cetirizine or fexofenadine on your "mowing day", and for moderate dust try washing your nose out with generic (cheap) salt water sprays. Heck, I have access to hospital N95 masks, probably as many as I want, but only have minor pollen issues and dust is more a problem getting in my eyes (even with sunglasses) while I'm mowing than in my nose. Just wash the darn stuff out after you mow.
    I'm sure the Wolfsnout is fine - just consider trying the aforementioned alternatives before laying out cash.
    Take care out there - yeah, if it's dry there's going to be major dust with mowing, and if also pollen season, that too.
    I mow for a living, and have tried all the inexpensive remedies and cheaper masks that aren't worth a chit. The Wolfsnout is a real bargain when you consider everything, like the fact that you can wet it down on a really hot day to make the air coming in feel cooler. Ya can't do that with your cheapy mask. I've been using the same WS for two full seasons now... daily. Pretty good deal when you consider how much it gets used and how good it works at keeping everything out while allowing you to breath and yet not fog up your glasses.

Advertiser
    Tractor
    vendor

Quote Originally Posted by RG1 View Post
    I mow for a living, and have tried all the inexpensive remedies and cheaper masks that aren't worth a chit. The Wolfsnout is a real bargain when you consider everything, like the fact that you can wet it down on a really hot day to make the air coming in feel cooler. Ya can't do that with your cheapy mask. I've been using the same WS for two full seasons now... daily. Pretty good deal when you consider how much it gets used and how good it works at keeping everything out while allowing you to breath and yet not fog up your glasses.

Thanks for your support RG1! It's great to see so many of our CUSTOMERS so passionate about our masks. Almost two years with the same mask! That's awesome! They do make a great difference. It really comes down to comfort and ease of breathing, the fact that they can replace 100+ of the throw away masks is great as well if that's what you are looking for. General dirt, dust, and grass won't hurt most of us but some prefer not to breathe it in large amounts while mowing
    -atv_dust_mask_landscaping_mask_offroad_wolfsnout-267x267-jpg
    Landscaping dust mask

Tim W
    Wolfsnout LLC

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD 240, JD Z950A, JD 4115

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsnout View Post
    Thanks for your support RG1! It's great to see so many of our CUSTOMERS so passionate about our masks. Almost two years with the same mask! That's awesome! They do make a great difference. It really comes down to comfort and ease of breathing, the fact that they can replace 100+ of the throw away masks is great as well if that's what you are looking for. General dirt, dust, and grass won't hurt most of us but some prefer not to breathe it in large amounts while mowing
    Landscaping dust mask

Tim W
    Wolfsnout LLC
    Wolfsnoutï½® Lawn Mowing/Cutting Dust Mask
    You have a great product.... period. I realize there will always be people who are penny wise and pound foolish, so I don't bother too much trying to convince them, but I do like to point out their errors or predjudices to others who may be reading along looking for something that really works. Mine has kept my nose free of dust, and especially pollen both seasons, and that's why I wanted it.

Tractor
    Kubota L5030 1947 Farmall A John Deere Z910

Landscaping dust mask

Tim W
    Wolfsnout LLC
    Tim, when will you be getting in the goggles with the blue smoke lens? I need to order a goggle/snout pair soon for the fall field mowing.
    TXDon

Advertiser
    Tractor
    vendor

It will be a few weeks. We only have the shooters yellow and clear with tear off pins for now.

Tractor
    Fordson Major Diesel, McCormick Deering W4, Ford 1510, John Deere L111

Just ordered three Wolfsnouts for me and my family. I'll give my report once they've arrived.

Joe
    Fordson Major Diesel: Case 3-bottom Trip Plow, Case 12' Trip Field Cultivator, Kewanee 130 Disc, John Deere 1209 Mower Conditioner, John Deere 594LW Side Delivery Rake, New Holland Hayliner 273 Baler, 18' Spike-Tooth Harrow
    Ford 1510: Du-Al 105 Loader, "The Thumb" Grapple, Bush Hog RBC60 Rear Blade, Woods HC54 Rotary Cutter, Tarter 5' Heavy-Duty Hinge Back Box Blade, Buhler Farm King Y600 Snowblower

Tractor
    Kubota L5030 1947 Farmall A John Deere Z910

It will be a few weeks. We only have the shooters yellow and clear with tear off pins for now.
    What is a "tear off pin"?
    TXDon

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast