Dusty nose question?

/ Dusty nose question? #51  
I'm sure they work really swell, and they have a manly color and markings, but the picture reminds me of a jock strap for the face. :shocked: :laughing:

image002.jpg:laughing:
Wolfsnout® Lawn Mowing/Cutting Dust Mask

Last edited:
   / Dusty nose question? #52  
Will buy one this weekend because I need to do an intense general cleaning of the house and it seems I got a good recommendations here! :)

/ Dusty nose question? #53  
Hmm, advertisers openly on this thread (seemed likely)....OK, fine, no problem but if a TB bacillus (2-4 microns) can't get by a decent grade N95 mask (e.g., 3M 1860 - yup there are lots of cheaper, non-certified knockoffs out there claiming N95) neither can the much larger pollen (smallest in 10 micron range, largest around 100)...period. Whatever, one can "shake out" a good N95 and re-use it once but long term re-useable, no and it costs a buck or 2 per mask. Whatever, if not major league allergic consider cetirizine or fexofenadine on your "mowing day", and for moderate dust try washing your nose out with generic (cheap) salt water sprays. Heck, I have access to hospital N95 masks, probably as many as I want, but only have minor pollen issues and dust is more a problem getting in my eyes (even with sunglasses) while I'm mowing than in my nose. Just wash the darn stuff out after you mow.
I'm sure the Wolfsnout is fine - just consider trying the aforementioned alternatives before laying out cash.
Take care out there - yeah, if it's dry there's going to be major dust with mowing, and if also pollen season, that too.

/ Dusty nose question? #54  
Hmm, advertisers openly on this thread (seemed likely)....OK, fine, no problem but if a TB bacillus (2-4 microns) can't get by a decent grade N95 mask (e.g., 3M 1860 - yup there are lots of cheaper, non-certified knockoffs out there claiming N95) neither can the much larger pollen (smallest in 10 micron range, largest around 100)...period. Whatever, one can "shake out" a good N95 and re-use it once but long term re-useable, no and it costs a buck or 2 per mask. Whatever, if not major league allergic consider cetirizine or fexofenadine on your "mowing day", and for moderate dust try washing your nose out with generic (cheap) salt water sprays. Heck, I have access to hospital N95 masks, probably as many as I want, but only have minor pollen issues and dust is more a problem getting in my eyes (even with sunglasses) while I'm mowing than in my nose. Just wash the darn stuff out after you mow.
I'm sure the Wolfsnout is fine - just consider trying the aforementioned alternatives before laying out cash.
Take care out there - yeah, if it's dry there's going to be major dust with mowing, and if also pollen season, that too.

I mow for a living, and have tried all the inexpensive remedies and cheaper masks that aren't worth a chit. The Wolfsnout is a real bargain when you consider everything, like the fact that you can wet it down on a really hot day to make the air coming in feel cooler. Ya can't do that with your cheapy mask. I've been using the same WS for two full seasons now... daily. Pretty good deal when you consider how much it gets used and how good it works at keeping everything out while allowing you to breath and yet not fog up your glasses.

/ Dusty nose question? #55  
I mow for a living, and have tried all the inexpensive remedies and cheaper masks that aren't worth a chit. The Wolfsnout is a real bargain when you consider everything, like the fact that you can wet it down on a really hot day to make the air coming in feel cooler. Ya can't do that with your cheapy mask. I've been using the same WS for two full seasons now... daily. Pretty good deal when you consider how much it gets used and how good it works at keeping everything out while allowing you to breath and yet not fog up your glasses.

Thanks for your support RG1! It's great to see so many of our CUSTOMERS so passionate about our masks. Almost two years with the same mask! That's awesome! They do make a great difference. It really comes down to comfort and ease of breathing, the fact that they can replace 100+ of the throw away masks is great as well if that's what you are looking for. General dirt, dust, and grass won't hurt most of us but some prefer not to breathe it in large amounts while mowing
atv_dust_mask_landscaping_mask_offroad_wolfsnout-267x267.jpg
Landscaping dust mask

Tim W
Wolfsnout LLC

/ Dusty nose question? #56  
Thanks for your support RG1! It's great to see so many of our CUSTOMERS so passionate about our masks. Almost two years with the same mask! That's awesome! They do make a great difference. It really comes down to comfort and ease of breathing, the fact that they can replace 100+ of the throw away masks is great as well if that's what you are looking for. General dirt, dust, and grass won't hurt most of us but some prefer not to breathe it in large amounts while mowing
View attachment 386014
Landscaping dust mask

Tim W
Wolfsnout LLC
Wolfsnoutョ Lawn Mowing/Cutting Dust Mask

You have a great product.... period. I realize there will always be people who are penny wise and pound foolish, so I don't bother too much trying to convince them, but I do like to point out their errors or predjudices to others who may be reading along looking for something that really works. Mine has kept my nose free of dust, and especially pollen both seasons, and that's why I wanted it.

/ Dusty nose question? #57  
View attachment 386014
Landscaping dust mask

Tim W
Wolfsnout LLC

Tim, when will you be getting in the goggles with the blue smoke lens? I need to order a goggle/snout pair soon for the fall field mowing.

/ Dusty nose question? #58  
It will be a few weeks. We only have the shooters yellow and clear with tear off pins for now.

/ Dusty nose question? #59  
Just ordered three Wolfsnouts for me and my family. I'll give my report once they've arrived.

Joe