Dusty nose question?

/ Dusty nose question? #1  

edkemper

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 210LE, Case 580CK Series B Backhoe, 1991 WoodMizer LT40 Log Mill, 1989 JD450E Crawler Tractor, FordsonMajorDiesel
I'm working in a very dusty place. Inches thick on the ground. Now it's inches thick in my nose. What is the best dust mask or solution you use successfully? I think I need a firehose to clean my nose. Any help would be very, very appreciated. :confused2:

/ Dusty nose question? #2  
Must dust masks are pretty much the same and none a 100%. If you want 100%, ...or as close to it, try this one.
3M 6900 Full-Face Respirator - Large H-1472 - Uline

I used this once while painting with some poly paint and it worked, so I thought I'd give it a try on the tractor. Laugh all you want, but the dust in the Southwest will kill you.
Valley fever Definition - Diseases and Conditions - Mayo Clinic

Out my way the dust will give you flu system and could give you a thing called Valley Fever. A friend of mine dies from valley fever in Tucson. That's why I went with a closed cab, because of the dust. I got tired of 4 days of flu symptoms after a hard day on an open tractor. The mask above looks strange on a tractor, but it sure did do the trick for me. It not only keeps the dust out, but my eyes would have mud in them when I got home, and they felt like sand paper between the eyelids, so this does take care of both - eyes and nose.

/ Dusty nose question? #3  
Buy a Wolfsnout. I have been using them for a couple years now. they are awesome for what you need. they are light, washable, easy to breath through, and definitely stop the dust and pollen. They are a sponsor over on Lawnsite. There is a large thread going about them in one of the commercial mowing forums. They use them in the military for desert conditions, off road racing, and now lawn care for all of us who have to deal with the dust from our mowers constantly, plus as already mentioned, the pollen. They may look funny, but once you use one, you'll wonder why someone didn't invent them a long time ago-

Wolfsnout® OFF ROAD #1 MOTOCROSS/ATV/UTV DUST MASK/FILTER/OFFROAD

/ Dusty nose question? #5  
Buy a Wolfsnout. I have been using them for a couple years now. they are awesome for what you need. they are light, washable, easy to breath through, and definitely stop the dust and pollen. They are a sponsor over on Lawnsite. There is a large thread going about them in one of the commercial mowing forums. They use them in the military for desert conditions, off road racing, and now lawn care for all of us who have to deal with the dust from our mowers constantly, plus as already mentioned, the pollen. They may look funny, but once you use one, you'll wonder why someone didn't invent them a long time ago-

Wolfsnout® OFF ROAD #1 MOTOCROSS/ATV/UTV DUST MASK/FILTER/OFFROAD
I think I would pay the $25 for this over the full face of $153 without filter cartriges. I would have to be in some pretty noxious stuff to pay that for a filter mask. No doubt it is good but from my days in the Army having to wear full face gear it was super hot but better than sniffing tear gas.

/ Dusty nose question? #7  
I think I would pay the $25 for this over the full face of $153 without filter cartriges. I would have to be in some pretty noxious stuff to pay that for a filter mask. No doubt it is good but from my days in the Army having to wear full face gear it was super hot but better than sniffing tear gas.

Give the Wolfsnout a try. You will really be impressed. It isn't hot to wear, and it really works. it is not for poisonous gas or other toxic fumes, but it keeps pollen and dust out so well that many guys who mow for a living are switching to them. No more black snot, and you can breath a lot easier at the end of the day. I am in no way associated with them. I just know a good and useful product when I use it.

/ Dusty nose question? #9  
This so weird. Friday I mowed the yard and in the middle of it I'm driving around sneezing my fool head off because of the dust and pollen. I took some meds, but sneezed up until I went to bed. Got up Saturday and my ribs were slightly sore from sneezing so hard. I had to do some push mowing yesterday on a slope and grabbed an old paper mask. It worked, but I knew I needed something better. I didn't open up TBN to look for this Wolfsnout and had put it on the Wally-World list to look for some hospital type masks, but open up here and what do I see - this thread. Just ordered a Wolfsnout. We'll see how it goes.

/ Dusty nose question? #10  
This so weird. Friday I mowed the yard and in the middle of it I'm driving around sneezing my fool head off because of the dust and pollen. I took some meds, but sneezed up until I went to bed. Got up Saturday and my ribs were slightly sore from sneezing so hard. I had to do some push mowing yesterday on a slope and grabbed an old paper mask. It worked, but I knew I needed something better. I didn't open up TBN to look for this Wolfsnout and had put it on the Wally-World list to look for some hospital type masks, but open up here and what do I see - this thread. Just ordered a Wolfsnout. We'll see how it goes.

You will be really impressed. I have pretty bad allergies, and they are getting worse as I get older. It makes my job a real PITA in early spring and during the fall. My Wolfsnout masks have saved me a lot of problems/aggravations since I first got them. They also have goggles that seal the eyes off from pollen and dust now.