First day of seat time!

/ First day of seat time! #11  
Nice looking tractor. And I agree ... wish I'd bought mine 10 years ago. I think of all I could have done and how much back ache it would have saved me.

Good Luck.

/ First day of seat time!
Looks great!! And congrats on getting the wife to suggest buying an implement!! Does she have a sister?? :laughing:

Whereabouts in Ohio are you? From the looks of the flat terrain, I'm going to think somewhere in the NW part of the state. I am outside of Dayton.

Haha yes, she has 2 sisters!

I'm tucked all the way up in the NW corner, little town called Edgerton.

/ First day of seat time! #13  
That is a really good old tractor. BTW- that's 660 lbs of wheel weights. They are 110 each. I had four of them on my 4500. I had the Pow'r reverser trans in mine. I regret every day that I ever sold it. It looked just like brand new when I did, and I had all sorts of stuff to go with it. I had R1's on mine. Seeing yours makes me miss it all over again.

/ First day of seat time! #14  
Great looking tractor,like the dodge diesel truck also.

That is a really good old tractor. BTW- that's 660 lbs of wheel weights. They are 110 each. I had four of them on my 4500. I had the Pow'r reverser trans in mine. I regret every day that I ever sold it. It looked just like brand new when I did, and I had all sorts of stuff to go with it. I had R1's on mine. Seeing yours makes me miss it all over again.

Ok thanks, the weights have "45kg" on them so I assumed it was 100 each. Even better at 110 each though!

Where abouts do you live in SE Michigan? I'm 30 minutes from the Michigan border on the state line of Indiana/Ohio.

/ First day of seat time! #16  
Ok thanks, the weights have "45kg" on them so I assumed it was 100 each. Even better at 110 each though!

Where abouts do you live in SE Michigan? I'm 30 minutes from the Michigan border on the state line of Indiana/Ohio.
I'm about an hour north of the border with Ohio. You must be down below the Hillsdale/Coldwater area? We like it down around Coldwater/Jonesville. We used to go down into that area a lot before gas got so high.

It's possible JD trimmed them back to 100 lbs to save on material and still keep the cost up since their front ag weights are 45 kg and listed at 100 lbs. Mine were sold as 110 lbs, and weighed exactly that when I checked them. My suitcase weights weigh exactly 42 lbs and 70 lbs, and that's what JD lists them as. I do know the ones you have are the ones they sell for the 5XXX series as well, and in all my 5 series brochures, they are still listed as 110 lbs.

/ First day of seat time! #17  
Congrats! Nice tractor. Now that you have the tractor you will wonder how you ever got along without one.

Almost forgot, I'm going to pick up a 6' finish mower tomorrow. Another craigslist find.

Great looking tractor,like the dodge diesel truck also.

Thanks, heck of a good truck. Only 109XXX miles on it, not too bad for an 01. Going to get rid of the stacks here soon. They were neat for a little bit, but they are so loud the drone is deafening at 2k rpm cruising speed. Sounds like a semi though.

I'm about an hour north of the border with Ohio. You must be down below the Hillsdale/Coldwater area? We like it down around Coldwater/Jonesville. We used to go down into that area a lot before gas got so high.

It's possible JD trimmed them back to 100 lbs to save on material and still keep the cost up since their front ag weights are 45 kg and listed at 100 lbs. Mine were sold as 110 lbs, and weighed exactly that when I checked them. My suitcase weights weigh exactly 42 lbs and 70 lbs, and that's what JD lists them as. I do know the ones you have are the ones they sell for the 5XXX series as well, and in all my 5 series brochures, they are still listed as 110 lbs.

Coldwater is just over an hours drive for me.

Congrats! Nice tractor. Now that you have the tractor you will wonder how you ever got along without one.

I like it so much, I just sit on it and drink beer.

/ First day of seat time! #19  
Congrats on the tractor. :thumbsup: Now you're really going to be put to work by that lady of yours.

/ First day of seat time! #20  
Great find OHV, you will love that series,my neighbor has one and has served him well, Nice looking tractor,very capable !!

From CT