First day of seat time!

/ First day of seat time! #1  

OHVarmntr

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 4600
Woke up this morning and got the tractor unloaded from the trailer. Drove 7 hours to get it, got home about 1am this morning.

2000 John Deere 4600 with 3040hrs, MFWD, 460 FEL, 600lbs of wheel weights, 1 rear scv, also came with a set of forks. Original owner documented every service, guy I bought it from didn't have it long enough to put the hours on it required for another service. So I'm the 3rd owner.

IMAG1430_zpsc7b1817c.jpg

After a good wash.

IMAG1434_zpsf417be2a.jpg

IMAG1435_zps28988ad3.jpg

And then, my wife asked when we could rent a tiller to till the garden. I told her nobody was open to rent them so SHE suggested we go buy one. I wasn't going to let her think twice about it so we did! 6' King Kutter.

IMAG1438_zpsa01f62b6.jpg

I tilled up the garden, and tilled a separate strip for sunflowers and thistle to grow for chicken feed.

IMAG1439_zps007b1907.jpg

I added 2.5 hours to the clock today between unloading logs from my log trailer, moved our old chicken coop up to the house to sell, moved some firewood to the outside wood burner and the tilling and general joyriding around the yard. Now to find at least a 6' finish mower and pick up a box blade.

/ First day of seat time! #2  
Congrats it looks great.

/ First day of seat time!
I should have gotten one of these a long time ago!

/ First day of seat time! #4  
That's awesome.

I need a good tiller as well. What is the right sized tiller for a JD 4300?

/ First day of seat time!
They are rated for PTO HP. Looks like your 4300 PTO is rated for 25HP. A 60" King Kutter tiller is rated for 25-40 PTO HP tractors.

/ First day of seat time! #7  
Quick thinking, when she raised the tiller question, to say YES DEAR.

May you have 15,000 hours of trouble free operation.

/ First day of seat time! #8  
Good looking tractor! Hopefully the tractor gives you many hours of trouble free use.

/ First day of seat time! #9  
see what buying a tractor gets you.a new tiller because the wife wants a garden.we bought our tiller 4yrs ago.and we use it to till 3 gardens.

/ First day of seat time! #10  
Looks great!! And congrats on getting the wife to suggest buying an implement!! Does she have a sister?? :laughing:

Whereabouts in Ohio are you? From the looks of the flat terrain, I'm going to think somewhere in the NW part of the state. I am outside of Dayton.