Oil & Fuel Add Oil ?

/ Add Oil ? #1  

Dog Gone It

Bronze Member
Tractor
L2501 (4wd)
Just bought a used JD F932. Im going though it the best I can. I have checked all oil levels and added. I have one that I dont know what to add and cant find any info on line. I really need a manual bad !
Anyway there is an Oil Cap just like the engine oil cap located at the front of the motor block just behind the cooling fan. Do I add reg motor oil or heavy weight and how far do I fill it to ?
Thanks

/ Add Oil ?
Thanks Recoveryhill. That crossed my mind but I wanted to be sure I was downloading from a safe site.
On second thought I think I would rather have the book so I have have it with the mower if I need to read and look at the same time if you know what I mean.
Well I guess I wont mow today until I find out and receive a book.
Thanks anyway.

/ Add Oil ? #4  
I see you are fairly new to the forum...welcome aboard....Now, I would suggest that you ask your question on the JD board, (JD Owning/Operating) Probably find more folks there that are JD savvy, than on this General Owning/ Operating board. Heck...I don't even know if a JD F932 is a lawn tractor, an ag tractor, or what....But I bet the JD guys on the above mentioned board do.....Hill Billy Bob

/ Add Oil ?
Sounds great Hill Billy Bob.
Thanks

/ Add Oil ? #6  
try posting this in JD own/oper with the model in the title and an owner of the same model might respond and help.

/ Add Oil ? #7  
Is it a diesel? The Yanmar diesels usually have two oil caps. This is for access in different applications.

Chuck

/ Add Oil ?
Thanks for all the help.
Its a gas.

/ Add Oil ? #9  
On second thought I think I would rather have the book so I have have it with the mower if I need to read and look at the same time if you know what I mean.

Yes, I agree. I like printed manuals as well. Many of the sites that sell downloads are unbelievably sketchy which is why I located the JD site.

/ Add Oil ?
Is it a diesel? The Yanmar diesels usually have two oil caps. This is for access in different applications.

Chuck

I have to believe you are correct for my gas motor as well. The caps are exactly the same and the housing that the cap is installed on, is attached directly to the block of the engine.
Thanks