tractor shelter

/ tractor shelter #21  
Cardinal, Carolina, TNT, and Eagle Carports are all made in Mt. Airy NC. Price varies based on your distance from there for the most part. They actually makes parts for each other. For example, my carport from TNT has legs with a Eagle engraved in them. Shop all brands and compare your price based on the options you select and you'll get slightly different prices but the products are essentially the same.

Last edited:
   / tractor shelter #22  
Cardinal, Carolina, TNT, and Eagle Carports at all made in Mt. Airy NC. Price varies based on your distance from there for the most part. They actually makes parts for each other. For example, my carport from TNT has legs with a Eagle engraved in them. Shop all three brands and compare your price based on the options you select and you'll get slightly different results.

You just confirmed my suspicions regarding metal carports. Researching them it seemed like there was a fair bit of inbreeding among the brands....

/ tractor shelter #23  
You just confirmed my suspicions regarding metal carports. Researching them it seemed like there was a fair bit of inbreeding among the brands....

Inbreeding, down south?!:confused2::shocked: Say it ain't so!:D:laughing:

/ tractor shelter #24  
CarCanopy.jpgCanopy 6-1-12.JPG
Here is what my S Logic shelters look like. They last about 4 years. One finally gave up after a severe wind storm.
But after 4 years I feel it was worth while....
I replaced the fabric, but that cost about $70 on sale (when I bought 2 at a time) and used the same frame last year.
Even though I continue to use it, I just ordered a 20x21 metal carport from Alan's (as mentioned in other posts). Total on
that with 8 foot legs was $1,095. I'm sure that will last a long time (unless a tree falls on it - LOL)
I like keeping my stuff out of the weather!!

/ tractor shelter #25  
I've seen a couple fabric garages that went down this past winter after being up for a couple years. We had snow that got rained on, then froze hard. Then it snowed some more.

They seem pretty tough but I think eventually the right combination of wind, wet snow and/or ice, or maybe people just get tired of fooling with them, and they go down. Getting them cleared off at the right time might mean getting out in the middle of a storm at 3 am.

The PVC frame sounds interesting. If you trim the corners of a 4x4 pt post at 45 degrees, it will slide inside a 4" PVC pipe. I guess you could anchor the PVC frame by setting trimmed 4x4 pt posts in the ground--with maybe 12" above ground, and run a screw through the PVC into the 4x4.

/ tractor shelter #27  
Shelter Logic makes different strength/fabric structures. I had one for 5 years here in Northern MN through tough winters before I put up a machine shed. I forget the tube size but I believe it was over 2 inch. My nephew bought one of the lighter weight ones for his boat last fall and it didn't make it through the winter. I see several of the heavier ones around here but after about 5 years I start seeing tarps stretched on top.