Oil & Fuel problems created with to much eng & Trans oil

/ problems created with to much eng & Trans oil #1  

Dave R

Tractor
B2320hst
My brother changed the eng & trans oil on my 50 hr maint. looks like he put a little to much of each. How important is it for me to drain a little out before use. Its difficult for me to do & he has to drive 2hrs to come do it for me ?

/ problems created with to much eng & Trans oil #2  
:welcome:
by a little, how much do you mean.? How much over the full level on the dip stick? My first impression is to not worry. On the hydraulic oil, the level will vary some depending on the position of attached hydraulic equipment cylinders....extended and full of oil or retracted. The reading can be influenced also by how the tractor is parked...level or slope. And, during operation the vehicle is designed to operate properly on safe slopes. So, unless there is a lot too much fluid, it should be OK, IMHO. However, if oil shows all the way up the dipstick, far above the full mark, I am concerned.

/ problems created with to much eng & Trans oil #3  
i agree. how much is a little?

what is the sump size vs what was put in? I would not worry about 6 quarts in a 5.5 quart syste,. I would worry about 7. ( crankcase. )

On hydraulics.. I wouldn't worry much. I have many machines that nominal fill is 66-75% of max sump capacity. IE.. 10g normal-13g max or 2g normal-3 g max. ( large and small tractor ).

what's yer manual say.. and what was put in?

/ problems created with to much eng & Trans oil #4  
Agree with other, hydraulic oil is not an issue unless it is running out the filler hole when tilted. Engine oil is another matter. 1/2 quart might be ok in a 5-6 quart system but any more and you risk blowing out oil seals. If you need to remove oil from the engine, the best way is to loosen the oil filter and drain it, that will get about a pint at a time. Loosen and Drain filter then retighten, start engine for a few seconds then stop, check oil level, if high repeat till oil level is correct. If the oil level is really high, you can loosen the oil filter to drain the oil, then leave it loose and use the starter to turn the engine a few revs without starting it. The oil pump will pump quite a bit of oil that way.

/ problems created with to much eng & Trans oil
Thank you for your reply about to much oil in the Kabota 2320hst. I now feel better after reading your post. Oil levels were checked on level surface. Eng dip is about 1/2 in up from the bottom and 1/4 in below the 2nd of 2 holes on the dip stick. book called for 3.3 qt & Bro est he put in no more than 3.5gts. He chg the trans & Hd filters and est he lost 1 gal so he added one gal. I played with the hydralicks 5 min or so let the oil heat up 5 min & it reads about 1/4 above the full mark on dipstick. all oil was purchased from the local Kabota Drl

/ problems created with to much eng & Trans oil #6  
If you're below the top mark on dipstick when engine is cold, it's fine. Don't bother checking oil level on a warm engine, it won't read right unless you know how to mentally compensate for what you're seeing. Wait until the engine cools for an hour, pull dipstick, wipe, reinsert, pull, and read.

/ problems created with to much eng & Trans oil #7  
I don't think you have any worry, given your explanation.