B3200 HSD hydraulic leakdown and lifting capacity

/ B3200 HSD hydraulic leakdown and lifting capacity #1  

Nanook

Tractor
Kubota B3200 HSD
I recently purchased a Kubota B3200HSD. I've only got a few hours on it, so far, but I've noticed a couple of potential problems. Maybe they are normal, but maybe I need to return it to the dealer for some servicing.

First, I notice that if I park it and turn it off with the front bucket not on the ground, within a matter of minutes, or certainly a couple of hours, the bucket is on the ground. Is this hydraulic "leakdown" normal?

Also, I just bought a King Kutter TG-60 rototiller for it. When I bought it, the dealer loaded it into a trailer that I had rented with a fork lift. When I got home, I took the bucket off my B3200HSD and installed the Kubota pallet forks that I had bought for just this kind of job. However, when I tried to lift the King Kutter TG-60 off the trailer, I could not lift it high enough to clear the side of the trailer. I had to drive the tractor up the trailer back ramp and lift the unit up and take it off that way. In other words, the forks could not lift the crated unit more than about 6 feet. (That is, the height of the forks were about 6 feet off the ground, max, even at full power. This is far short of the almost 8 feet that the forks are capable of rising to at their maximum height. The shipping weight of the TG-60 is 690 pounds. My impression is that the B3200HSD should be able to lift over 1000 pounds. Certainly 690 pounds should not be a problem? Am I reading the specs wrong, or is the maximum height lifting capacity of the B3200HSD less than 700 pounds?

/ B3200 HSD hydraulic leakdown and lifting capacity #2  
Everything you describe is normal.

You should make a habit of dropping the bucket to the ground for safety (both because someone could come along and drop it while the tractor is off, and also because the bucket can be a shin buster). Under normal circumstances, it will slowly drop down to the ground over time.

Lift capacity decreases with distance forward (the spec is usually given at the pivot pin, behind the bucket). When you put forks on, you are moving the load farther out in front of the pin, and the capacity is less there. Also, capacity will decrease as you lift higher. Here are some specs on your loader:

Lift Capacity (Bucket pivot pin, max height)
Standard 1131 lbs (513 kg)

(V) Lift Capacity (20" forward, max height
Standard 855 lbs. (388 kg)

(W) Lift Capacity (Bucket pivot pin, 60" height)
Standard 1490 lbs. (676 kg)

(X) Lift Capacity (20" forward, 60" height)
Standard 1182 lbs. (536 kg)

Notice how capacity drops with both height and distance ahead of the pin. In your case, with a pallet way out in front and loader up higher, you were likely reducing capacity down under 500 lbs.

Finally, you are asking for trouble attempting to lift heavy loads so far off the ground. You may have lucked out that the hydraulics went into relief. Without proper rear ballast, you likely would have tipped forward when you lifted. With a load 6-8 feet high, that would be a bad scene.

Take some time to read your owner's manual!!

/ B3200 HSD hydraulic leakdown and lifting capacity #3  
Your lift capacity issue is normal, lifting 700lbs out on a set of forks is nothing like lifting 700lbs of gravel in the bucket. The leak down seems pretty fast, my B3200 will keep the bucket raised for a number of days if needed.

/ B3200 HSD hydraulic leakdown and lifting capacity #4  
Also. Pallet forks often weigh considerably more than standard buckets.

/ B3200 HSD hydraulic leakdown and lifting capacity #5  
Nanook,

Congratulations on the purchase of your new Kubota B3200HSD. Last year I also purchased a 2012 Kubota B3200 with 30 hrs. Just a reminder, when using your front end loader or forks, YOU MUST make sure that the loader valve for the 3 pt hitch is in the neutral position. If not you will loose lift power and height on the bucket or forks. Your bucket also dshould not leak down. I would suggest that if you turn the tractor off and keep your bucket raised, to use the bucket lock lever. Good Luck.

Tobyone