Mowing Flashing red lights on TN75

/ Flashing red lights on TN75 #1  

sandy777

Tractor
TN75
I have become the owner of a TN75S New Holland tractor without a manual and am very limited in my knowledge. AS I was finishing mowing a 12 acre pasture last night I hit a few rocks in a sloped weedy area. I shortly noticed a flashing red light?ooks like a cog and book shaped thing??? I flashed flashed then off then flashed twice and paused, over and over again as if in a pattern. I was mowing also on some sloped areas at the time. I had been on the tractor 4 or 5 hours at this time. Any thoughts?
Sandy

/ Flashing red lights on TN75 #2  
Welcome! :welcome:
Sure sounds like a "Maintenance Due" indicator, but I'm no New Holland expert. Is the hour meter right at a typical maintenance interval like x00 hours? Best thing would be to find a manual either on-line that you can download, or buy from a dealer if necessary.

- Jay

/ Flashing red lights on TN75 #3  
Can't help about the NH flashing light but welcome to TBN.

/ Flashing red lights on TN75 #5  
Welcome to TBN Sandy,

I own a TN70D. I have seen the same lights flashing. Count the number of flashes in each group. Then call your nearest NH dealer with a maint. shop and ask them what the trouble code means. The trouble codes are also listed in the operators manual. The operators manual is very handy with these tractors as there are a lot of electronics on them.

Mine was flashing at me signaling that one of the clutches was out of adjustment. It started that shortly after I got the tractor new in 2000. They have never been able to fix it:thumbdown: Now I just let it flash. I do watch to see that it isn't a different code that is flashing but so far so good.

These are very good tractors, I hope you have as good luck as I have with mine.

Tim

/ Flashing red lights on TN75 #6  
I have become the owner of a TN75S New Holland tractor without a manual and am very limited in my knowledge. AS I was finishing mowing a 12 acre pasture last night I hit a few rocks in a sloped weedy area. I shortly noticed a flashing red light?ooks like a cog and book shaped thing??? I flashed flashed then off then flashed twice and paused, over and over again as if in a pattern. I was mowing also on some sloped areas at the time. I had been on the tractor 4 or 5 hours at this time. Any thoughts?
Sandy

Do you get the error codes flashing after a cold start, or after running for awhile? If after running for awhile, and you have electronic shuttle clutch, you may be riding your clutch pedal too much instead of using your brakes to reverse direction or stop.

If you are getting the error code on start up, check the sequence to determine the fault code as follows - (borrowed from another website)

There should be a light flashing on the instrument cluster, the first flashes are too fast to count, the next flashes are what we are looking for, count the flashes then a 1 second pause and another number, example, flashes to fast to count, 2 flashes 1 second pause, 3 flashes, this would be an error 23,

Unfortunately my manuals are with my tractor 200 miles away, but a dealer can tell you the problem if you have the actual fault code.

Hopefully RickB will be along shortly to assist further, or you might PM him since this isn't posted in the NH O&O forum.

Also, WELCOME to the forum! Is that Cumming GA?