Brush Hogging the Forest.......video

/ Brush Hogging the Forest.......video #2  
That is quite a machine. I have seen one used to create wildlife openings in the middle of the woods and to release an old abandoned apple orchard that have become severly over grown. They are even more impressive in real life than on the video. Nothing left but wood chips. We call it a Brontosaurus. Expensive to hire but does a quick good job and you can control the distruction and save desirable trees w/o damage.

/ Brush Hogging the Forest.......video #4  
I like the safety tag saying stay 100m away.

/ Brush Hogging the Forest.......video #6  
Thats a Dennis Cemaf mulch head. One of the company owners used to post here somewhat frequently in the land clearing forum.

/edit, I see sportsman beat me to it;)

/ Brush Hogging the Forest.......video #7  
I wanted to find a good way to beat back the trees and shrubs that are invading the edges of my fields, so I looked up the smaller forestry mulchers and drooled a bit. Unfortunately, not only are they 'way out of my price range, even the smallest ones demand more hydraulic capacity than most CUTs can supply.

/ Brush Hogging the Forest.......video #8  
I wanted to find a good way to beat back the trees and shrubs that are invading the edges of my fields, so I looked up the smaller forestry mulchers and drooled a bit. Unfortunately, not only are they 'way out of my price range, even the smallest ones demand more hydraulic capacity than most CUTs can supply.

Check around for rentals. I have a Kubota SVL90 with a FAE mulching head here locally that I rent from time to time. I'd rather rent when I need one than use my own machine.

/ Brush Hogging the Forest.......video #9  
Glyphosate aka Roundup will do wonders. Most Co-ops will have a jug of concentrate. Mix it to 5% and spray away.
I would brush hog what you can then use glyphosate on the rest.

/ Brush Hogging the Forest.......video #10  
If you watch the video at http://youtu.be/oCUzlu-VCjU you can see a very effective machine for clearing brush and small trees. We are providing brush clearing services with this machine in Vermont and New Hampshire.