Determing MPH

/ Determing MPH #11  
I assume you have a sprayer. The sprayer OP manual should give you all the data you need - ground speed, herbicide mixing instructions, sprayer application pressure, nozzle size, etc. Go to the sprayer internet web site for info. Call the sprayer tech support staff.

As cycle_gator said - unless your sprayer is properly calibrated - it would be a lot better to stay the heck out of your pasture.

/ Determing MPH #12  
Good afternoon!

Tractor newbie here. Pretty much anything-on-the-farm newbie. I have finally manage to purchase a tractor and I am now entering the lovely world of determining how to properly spray my pastures.

In reading all the instructions on herbicides, fertilizer, etc, i see where sprayer calibration is important. One of the first things I need to determine, and can't, is how fast i'm going in MPH. My tractor (Mahindra 3016 Gear driven) does not have a MPH readout, just RPM. In the manual for hte tractor it gives me a MPH reading for each gear, but fails to tell me what the engine RPM needs to be set at to obtain that speed. so short of staking out a distance on the ground and driving/timing it, is there any trick to determining how fast in MPH i'm going so I can calibrate for my spraying?

Thanks
gps or Garmin will give mph.