How do I determine the model year of my Kubota b7800?

/ How do I determine the model year of my Kubota b7800? #1  

jodebg

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B-2650
How can I determine the model year of a B7800? They were made for several years
and would like to know when mine was manufactured.

/ How do I determine the model year of my Kubota b7800? #2  
Tractordata.com says the B7800 was made 2003 to 2008, but I just looked and they don't have the serial numbers for that one. I would think any Kubota dealer should be able to tell you if you give him the serial number.

/ How do I determine the model year of my Kubota b7800? #3  
They don't normally have a model year the way cars do. They base the warranty,and other paperwork on when it was sold, not when it was made. So, you can buy a new tractor in 2014, that was made in 2012....the paperwork will refer to only 2014. A call to a dealer is usually the only way to know what year a machine was made.

/ How do I determine the model year of my Kubota b7800? #4  
You can also contact Kubota customer service and they can sometimes get you the information you are looking for.

/ How do I determine the model year of my Kubota b7800? #5  
Look up your make and model on "TractorData" dot com......

It should give you a list years made and serial numbers for the years...

Good luck...

/ How do I determine the model year of my Kubota b7800? #6  
Look up your make and model on "TractorData" dot com......

It should give you a list years made and serial numbers for the years...

Good luck...

That was mentioned already, but they don't have any serial number info listed.

Tractor Data normally only has it listed for the older stuff, and Kubota doesn't seem to publish that for any model I've looked at in recent memory.

/ How do I determine the model year of my Kubota b7800? #7  
Your tires have a mfg date code stamp on them. Usually a raised oval with three numbers.

Also your Titan rims are stamped with a date code, again three numbers.

I got the mfg year for my old B2400 this way. Also checked the date on my 1995 JD955, sure enough the Titan rims were dated as '95.

/ How do I determine the model year of my Kubota b7800?
Didn't see the raised oval on the tires, but the rims are stamped 08/19/03.
Looks like this is an 2003 model year. Thanks for the information.

/ How do I determine the model year of my Kubota b7800? #9  
Didn't see the raised oval on the tires, but the rims are stamped 08/19/03.
Looks like this is an 2003 model year. Thanks for the information.

Again, there is no "model year". They can make the exact same machine for five years, with no changes, so they don't use the term model year at all. Cars almost always change from year to year, and tractors frequently don't. Similarly, they can make a significant change in the middle of the year, so knowing the year doesn't matter....you'd need to know the before/after serial number to know if the change applied to your machine or not.

On your wheels and tires, they don't dictate the year the tractor was made, although in your case, it can't be prior to 2003.

For anyone else researching the same question, I can't recall if the B series were made in Japan, and shipped here or not, but many Kubotas of that timeframe were. They added the wheels and tires after the long ship ride here from Japan so the two dates could be quite different. Even if the machine was made here, there's nothing saying the wheels and tires couldn't have been made months before, or after the tractor, and the year of manufacture doesn't match up.

If you want to know what year the machine was built, call a dealer...that's the only way to know, and not guess.

/ How do I determine the model year of my Kubota b7800?
Gave a call to the the dealer where the tractor was originally purchased. They referenced the original sale date-2004.
Thanks for your help