Snowblower for Kubota 2320 in Norther Michigan

/ Snowblower for Kubota 2320 in Norther Michigan #1  

Engine Mike

Tractor
Kubota B2320
I am building a new pole barn that will require that I will move 150 feet of snow to access the road. I considered a back blade but not sure that will do the trick. I think a better choice is a rear snowblower. What is the best brand and size for rear snowblowers to fit a Kubota 2320?

/ Snowblower for Kubota 2320 in Norther Michigan #2  
I have the 51" Kubota rear blower on my B2620 and am very happy with it. No issues at all last winter and we got dumped on.

/ Snowblower for Kubota 2320 in Norther Michigan #3  
I'm using an Allied Farm King 50" on a BX2360 and we are very happy with it. We have 300' plus a turnaround paved. I use the FEL with a piece of schedule 80 PVC pipe on the cutting edge for quick clean ups and moving piles at the end of the drive.

/ Snowblower for Kubota 2320 in Norther Michigan #4  
I run a Buhler / Farm King 50" on my B2620 at my cabin / hunting shack. Using the upgraded 4 blade fan with 19pto hp running 1700 rpm in low. Cat 1, rear mount, 450 pounds.

Typically blow 2x per year and snow med. weight 12"+ thick as I only go out a few times in the winter. Driveway is just over 400 yards in total.

No problems on straight lines on flat surfaces. Weight of the blower is about 450 pounds and wished the tractor was heavier at times but all very doable.

IMHO a little too big for man handling around corners or through the drift the plows leave for me from the main road but still with care very doable.

/ Snowblower for Kubota 2320 in Norther Michigan #5  
I use a Meteor 51 inch rear PTO blower and have not had issues in the 5 winters I've used it. Last year I installed rear wheel spacers and tire chains, made a real big difference.

All in all, I clear about 1700 feet of driveway and shed access, some of it hilly. Chains really do help.

/ Snowblower for Kubota 2320 in Norther Michigan #6  
I'm using an Allied Farm King 50" on a BX2360 and we are very happy with it. We have 300' plus a turnaround paved. I use the FEL with a piece of schedule 80 PVC pipe on the cutting edge for quick clean ups and moving piles at the end of the drive.

Repair1,

How did you slot and attach the PVC to the edge on your FEL?

/ Snowblower for Kubota 2320 in Norther Michigan #7  
Repair1,

How did you slot and attach the PVC to the edge on your FEL?

I used my table saw. Set the fence to half the diameter of the pipe and clamp a 2 x 4 on the table to hold the pipe against the fence. I had to use a hammer and a scrap piece of 2 x 4 to pound the pipe over the wear strip on the FEL. Keep in mind I have a BX so a bigger tractor with a thicker FEL wear edge will require a wider slot. I used 1-1/4" grey schedule 80 CPVC pipe and it lasted me all season.

/ Snowblower for Kubota 2320 in Norther Michigan #8  
Thanks repair1, I will do same, sounds like a good idea

/ Snowblower for Kubota 2320 in Norther Michigan #9  

Repair1,

Yesterday I bought a piece of the schedule 80 conduit for my bucket edge. Will slot and install when I get a chance. Thanks for the idea.

/ Snowblower for Kubota 2320 in Norther Michigan #10  
I have a mile long gravel driveway. When I had my Ford 1710 4x4 I had both a rear blade and a rear mount snow blower(called - Blue Machine, 60" wide). What the rear blade would handle depended upon three conditions - how deep was the snow, how wet was the snow and how high was the snow berm along the driveway from previous plowing. If the snow was deep & wet it was a PITA. Likewise, if the berm was fairly high, I couldn't safely maintain control of the tractor and go fast enough to get the new snow over the berm. Lets face it - wet snow is a real PITA. I would use the blower only if the snow was dry, deep and the berms were tall. I would blow the snow off the driveway and also cut into the berms and widen the driving lane. I plow the driveway 6-8 times per winter, depending upon conditions, and would blow it maybe 2-3 times. With the bigger tractor, I can plow the driveway and cut down the berms using only the rear blade. The first pass of the season down the driveway with the blower usually resulted in 1-3 shear bolt replacements - large rocks.

However, now that I'm retired - no more midnight runs down the driveway so I can make it to work in the AM. I go to bed early, sleep in late, have a good breakfast and THEN wonder if I should go out and plow. Retirement allows you to wait until the snow is just right and it will be a good time in the seat.

The rear blade on my Ford would easily handle new, dry snow 12-16 inches deep. Three years ago I waited to plow a path to one of my out buildings - the snow was 42 inches deep and compacted. The new tractor easily went thru it but because of the confined area I was unable to go fast. It took two passes in each direction to make a wide enough path and have additional width plowed alongside the path to hold all the plowed snow.