Tires Turf Tires for JD 4115

/ Turf Tires for JD 4115 #1  

AltaLawnCare

Bronze Member
I tried several times to "search" but it never worked. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

My 4115 has the R4s with 12-16.5 Rear and 23-8.50-12 front.

The optional R3 Turfs from JD are for a different size rim....and I don't really want to buy new rims!

Anyone have any good Tire Supppliers links? Or link a search on this site for me, I know its been discussed before.

I tried several times with different options but the search either hits all posts or none!

Thank You.

/ Turf Tires for JD 4115 #2  
AltaLawnCare

When doing a search Select All Fourms. Unless you know which forum the information is in.
Set The Date Range to , All Post Unless you know the date you are looking for.
Here is a link to a tire supplier. Click Here
There was a recent thread on Turf Tires.

/ Turf Tires for JD 4115
Thanks for the link, Ron, I'll check it out. The search must not be working properly, I've used it before and it did OK.

It shows no matches for "turf tire" /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Turf Tires for JD 4115 #4  
I just did a search for Turf Tires. Found this thread on Titan.
Click Here
Here is another link to a thread where I bought some tires. Click Here

The search was slow even with my cable connection. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Turf Tires for JD 4115 #5  
I've bought tires directly from the manufacturer Galaxy. They also import tires under their name. They are in Malden Mass so I picked up the tires right at their factory. They also make rims. Many of their products are OEMed to major manufacturers. I found their prices to be less than any tire dealer in the area and the tires seem to be excellent quality. http://www.galaxytire.com/

Andy

/ Turf Tires for JD 4115 #6  
Anotehr comment on Galaxy tire. Here is a quote from their web site. I believe this is the tire New Holland offers as an option on some of it's tractors. " Turf Special : The only tire designed and built specifically for Golf Course Tractors. Galaxy Turf Special tires have a footprint pressure so low that tractors equipped with Turf Special tires can actually be used on the putting greens. Built with an especially pliable sidewall, rounded shoulders and the highest solid to void ratio in the industry, Galaxy's Turf Special tires will not damage even the most sensitive turf. "

Andy

/ Turf Tires for JD 4115
Thanks, Andy. Thats the type of info I need. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I scrolled back through pages and found some of the old tire posts, also.

Looks like I'm going to have to change wheels too. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Turf Tires for JD 4115 #8  
The stock rear turf tires on my 4110 were so small in diameter (32") that the MMM would drag on anything and everything when fully raised. The slightest dip in the gravel lane would cause the wheels of the MMM to drag, forget trying to cross a ditch or a curb. When I first picked the tractor up at the dealer it seemed fine but when I checked the tire pressure it was 40 psi!!! When I reduced it to 12 I lost a lot of diameter. My solution was to go to 36 turfs on the rear. That created some other issues but overall it has worked out well.

My point is (and I do have one), be sure the turfs are of sufficient diameter to give you the necessary ground clearance. And let me know how it works out, I may trade up to a 4115.

/ Turf Tires for JD 4115 #9  
I have a good set of turf tires and wheels off of JD 4115 ,call me at 620-2495622 if you are interested.

/ Turf Tires for JD 4115 #10  
Curt, that was 14 years ago. Might have fixed his problem by now. Also there's a marketplace on here where you can post where people will be more likely to see them.
Jim