Oil & Fuel mf 35 fuel issue

/ mf 35 fuel issue #1  

earljam

Tractor
tractor king 254
Howdy folks, I have a 1961 mf35 3 cyl. that won't start. I have bled the primary and secondary filters but can't get any fuel at the bleed points on the fuel pump. I have seen other threads where they can't get fuel at the injectors but I haven't found this issue anywhere. Has anybody else had this experience?

/ mf 35 fuel issue #2  
is one of the filters a 'water filter' and has it gained so much water that it is now plugging the flow of fuel?

/ mf 35 fuel issue
Thank you, that could be it. I just bled them, didn't change them.

/ mf 35 fuel issue #4  
When was the last time the filters were changed? Do you have air free fuel flow at the discharge of the filter next to the injector pump?

/ mf 35 fuel issue
When was the last time the filters were changed? Do you have air free fuel flow at the discharge of the filter next to the injector pump?

Changed them just now but I'm having the devil of a time getting the cartridge housing on the first filter (farthest from the pump) to stop seeping.

/ mf 35 fuel issue
looks like it seeps on its own at the bottom where I replaced the o ring and when I pump it it comes out around the flange rather than at the bleed point

/ mf 35 fuel issue
looks like it seeps on its own at the bottom where I replaced the o ring and when I pump it it comes out around the flange rather than at the bleed point

replaced gasket, same issue - pretty sure I'm not over-tightening and crushing the gasket and I've cleaned where the gasket seats. Still seeps put around the gasket when I pump it up.

/ mf 35 fuel issue #8  
Massey Ferguson 35? looking at...

www.agcropartbooks.com -> guest (click) view books)
entering 35 and selecting Massey Ferguson

i get loaders (front end loader), tractors, combines, and everything else... and it looks like there listing 2 different tractors one an industrial tractor and another a agricultural tractor.

pictures of what you are trying to deal with might help, as well.

/ mf 35 fuel issue
Massey Ferguson 35? looking at...

www.agcropartbooks.com -> guest (click) view books)
entering 35 and selecting Massey Ferguson

i get loaders (front end loader), tractors, combines, and everything else... and it looks like there listing 2 different tractors one an industrial tractor and another a agricultural tractor.

pictures of what you are trying to deal with might help, as well.

Small ag tractor, 3 cyl. Perkins diesel. Cannister holding fuel filter weeps when I use the lift pump - tried two gaskets, cleaned surfaces..can't get fuel out the bleed nut because it leaks at the cannister/housing interface through the rubber gasket

/ mf 35 fuel issue
Small ag tractor, 3 cyl. Perkins diesel. Cannister holding fuel filter weeps when I use the lift pump - tried two gaskets, cleaned surfaces..can't get fuel out the bleed nut because it leaks at the cannister/housing interface through the rubber gasket

Well I'll be...looks like the housing itself is warped.