No fel no problem

/ No fel no problem #1  

Wvminer

Tractor
None yet
Didn't know where to post this. So my dream of getting a compact utility tractor with an fel might not come this year. But I might still be able to get a 30 +or- 2wd I'm looking at. So I am looking for some tips on what 3 pt attachments I should get to make like a lil easier on a small farm. I will be mostly using it for firewood, snow removal, some digging in driveway, brush hogging,and other utility uses. So what do you guys suggest?

Thanks, sam

/ No fel no problem #2  
1st-Rotary mower,box blade,boom pole
2nd-tiller,trailer or carry-all,loaded tires on a 2wd

A grader blade can be used in place of a box blade for some things. Box blade is way better in dirt, the grader blade is better in snow

/ No fel no problem #3  
<snip>for firewood, snow removal, some digging in driveway, brush hogging,and other utility uses. So what do you guys suggest?

Thanks, sam
If that's your order of importance and you don't get a FEL
3 PT pallet forks
Blade
Box Blade
Rotary cutter

/ No fel no problem #4  
In my view a "carryall" is much more useful than pallet forks for moving firewood and lots of other things. The forks may work well if you have the ability to set up a pallet system for storing the wood, but I don't on either end.

An angle blade is useful both for snow removal and driveway grading.

A rotary cutter is essential for rough mowing.

Terry

/ No fel no problem #5  
"As God is my witness I will never own another tractor without a FEL."

Quote adapted from "Gone With The Wind" with minor changes.... :)

/ No fel no problem #7  
just bite the bullet and get the FEL ... you won't regret it.....

waited way too long , could never justify it ... finally built one and mentally kick myself ( why didn't you do this earlier dummy ) each time I use it....

/ No fel no problem #8  
In my view a "carryall" is much more useful than pallet forks for moving firewood and lots of other things. The forks may work well if you have the ability to set up a pallet system for storing the wood, but I don't on either end.

An angle blade is useful both for snow removal and driveway grading.

A rotary cutter is essential for rough mowing.

Terry
And with my pallet forks I've a box on a pallet which functions as a carry all.

Plus you can carry other stuff.

View attachment 384918
20131202_111929.jpg
Sorry for the rotated picture but the blasted upload software is doing it.

Attachments

• 8x6SAM_0422.jpg
    8x6SAM_0422.jpg
    410.1 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
   / No fel no problem #9  
Are those cotter keys/hair pin clips strong enough to use on the lower lift pins?

20131202_111929.jpg

I have lynch pins/linch pins on the lower arms, and just yesterday I drilled-out the hole in the pin on the top link so i could switch from a cotter key to a lynch pin there.

/ No fel no problem #10  
No FEL, no 4X4... BIG PROBLEM. Both are must haves IMHO.