Anybody have problems with Kubota Corp?

/ Anybody have problems with Kubota Corp? #1  

willymotts

Tractor
Kubota B7800
I am brand new here so if I am posting on the wrong site, please forgive me. Here's my story: I have a 10-year old B7800 with less than 600 hours. I bought the FEL and a Kubota hoe with it. The hoe was 3-pt hitch mount. I have just found out that there was not enough bracing designed into the tractor for this hoe. Unfortunately, I found out by having my transmission break in half like an egg over a frying pan. Both Kubota and the dealer admit that this was the result of a design flaw. I am trying to get them to cover this repair because, had they designed this correctly, I would not have had this major failure. The dealer says we are looking at 35 hours and a $360 part. I am getting the run-around from both Kubota and the dealer on this. Any feedback on this issue? Anyone have a similar problem?
Thank you.

/ Anybody have problems with Kubota Corp? #2  
Ten years is a long time to ask a manufacturer to cover a repair even if it is a design flaw. Even in a court battle, it would be hard to prove that you didn't abuse the hoe which made if break. Even if they give you some relief, I would expect it to be a parts only to replace the broken one and perhaps with upgraded design, but labor would still be paid by you. You may negotiate some relief on that with the dealer if you bought the tractor there.

Will they be doing anything to retro-fit a new design to strengthen the connection? If not, it looks like you might be in for more repairs later

/ Anybody have problems with Kubota Corp?
There is a local New Holland dealer who people rave about. I went to see him and told him my issue. He took me out back and showed me a tractor, way out of warantee, that he is repairing for free. He stated that his customer is not going to pay for something that should have never broken.
There is no retro-fit bracing and yes, it will break again. I would have been looking to trade it in on a new Kubota but not if they don't satisfy me with this deal. I guess I will be looking at New Holland at this recommened dealer. At this point, I am looking to change dealers, not tractor brands. Thanks for the input.

/ Anybody have problems with Kubota Corp? #4  
Try to get them to pay for parts and you pay for labor. If you get the you will do well on a 10 year old tractor. IMHO.

I may see if they will give me the parts and then trailer the tractor to the New Holland dealer! I will have him fix it and I will trade it there. Nothing is really a good solution right now because I just don't have the money for the repair OR a new tractor payment at this time. Having said that, I really need a tractor around here. I am doing some repairs on a pond wall and my 58-year old heart is not liking this shovel work very much!

/ Anybody have problems with Kubota Corp? #6  
I have never dealt with Kubota at corporate level on an adversarial matter. Likewise, I've never heard of a situation such as yours. I agree with what Gary says. I don't think you want just a repair - you want an upgrade so this will not happen again.

Something does not ring true here. If it was a design flaw and Kubota knew it - why didn't they issue a product recall and retrofit new, stronger parts. This happened on my tractor - much less serious. A new stronger step was installed - I assume somebody had problems with the step breaking.

/ Anybody have problems with Kubota Corp? #7  
A 3-point mounted back hoe attached to any brand tractor is a disaster waiting to happen. I would be happy with 10 yrs/600 hrs. Just my opinion of course.

I have to assume that the problem did not show up until years later, as evidenced by mine lasting 10 years. At that point, they can just say: Too late. Out of warantee. The Rep is even amazed that they are not being helpful. I had to call him to see what was happening and he was shocked to learn that nobody called me. He initially offered me the transmission casing ($360) free and he tried to get the dealer and Kubota to cover the repairs. Now, according to him, no free parts. Kubota will kick in 15% and the dealer will kick in 15% toward the total bill. I am still talking 2-3 thousand dollars out of my pocket. I KNOW the tractor is 10 years old but this was THEIR fault, not mine. What do you think of my idea of asking Kubota for a complete transmission, not just the casing, and then having the dealer trailer my tractor back (free) to my house. I THINK I could probably split the tractor and put in the new tranny. I don't know. Maybe the New Holland dealer idea is better. I am kind of stressed out over this right now so if I am rambling, I apologize.

If I had known that a 3-pt hitch mount would be a problem, I would have made a different decision at the time. The salesman I bought it from was one of the owners. I thought that if he recommended something, it was the correct thing. (Another reason I am shopping dealers.) Thanks for your response.

/ Anybody have problems with Kubota Corp? #10