Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Tractor
    NH, JD, CC

Default Re: Anybody have problems with Kubota Corp?

Quote Originally Posted by SPYDERLK View Post
    Regardless that its obvious, there are some things you dont even try to explain to some people.
    I couldn't agree more. Thank you sir.

Tractor
    Kubota B-7800

So, strengthening a part that didnt fail in itself or at its attachment point will prevent failure of the part it was attached to at some point removed from the attachment area. This is conceivable, but geometrical refinements that could enable this are not in evidence.

,,,,In any case he was sold an assembly by the dealer representing Kub. It may or may not have included the toplink mod. The assembly broke his tractor.

Why keep confusing the issue, when you obviously do not understand the issue?

Tractor
    JD2010, Kubota3450,2550, Mahindra 7520 w FEL w Skid Steer QC w/Tilt Tatch, & BH, BX1500

Quote Originally Posted by BlacknTan View Post
    Why keep confusing the issue, when you obviously do not understand the issue?
    I dont think any of us is doing any better than guessing at the issue. The OP did not supply a pic, or alternately describe it in a way that would pinpoint the failure. Half baked assumptions were made assigning guilt to him based on the inconclusive description he conveyed before getting sick of consumer guilt advocates. If he comes back we can ask questions.
    This side of 40
    JD2010, Kubota L3450/FEL w SK QC, L2550 w FEL
    Mahindra 7520 [Pinky] /FEL w Skid Steer QC/w Tilt Tatch & BH, BX1500 [Mighty Mouse]
    IH37 Baler, CCM165 Drum Mower, JD Rake
    JD 127 bushog, Flail, SK Tilt Tatch , KK tiller, Rhino rear blade, Post driver, post auger, chipper, pallet fork, Grapple/Loader Buddy, Homemade Splitter/DC Welder

Tractor
    Kubota Grand L3830

Quote Originally Posted by willymotts View Post
    I have to assume that the problem did not show up until years later, as evidenced by mine lasting 10 years. At that point, they can just say: Too late. Out of warantee. The Rep is even amazed that they are not being helpful. I had to call him to see what was happening and he was shocked to learn that nobody called me. He initially offered me the transmission casing ($360) free and he tried to get the dealer and kubota to cover the repairs. Now, according to him, no free parts. Kubota will kick in 15% and the dealer will kick in 15% toward the total bill. I am still talking 2-3 thousand dollars out of my pocket. I KNOW the tractor is 10 years old but this was THEIR fault, not mine. What do you think of my idea of asking Kubota for a complete transmission, not just the casing, and then having the dealer trailer my tractor back (free) to my house. I THINK I could probably split the tractor and put in the new tranny. I don't know. Maybe the New Holland dealer idea is better. I am kind of stressed out over this right now so if I am rambling, I apologize.
    I am not being sarcastic or asinine but using your logic anytime something breaks it is a design flaw and should be replaced free of charge. Using that logic I have had several vehicles the manufactures should have repaired free. The hazards of using a three point backhoe on a tractor have been documented for years. If I had a tractor with a three point mounted back hoe, I would have been looking for the bracing years ago not waiting until the day the tractor broke into two parts.

Another question that is unanswered is: At one time Kubota offered two backhoes for the B7800. A sub frame mounted backhoe and a cheaper three point mounted backhoe. Was the purchase of a three point backhoe a owners choice or a dealer install. I think the 15-15 by Kubota and Dealer is a good deal. I would take it and have the sub frame for the hoe installed while they have the tractor split, that is if your current hoe would still work. If not, repair and trade for something with a sub frame mounted backhoe.

I have never met a Tractor Dealer who was so affluent he could replace parts damaged by a three point backhoe on an out of warranty tractor. Now their might be a couple, but I don't know any. If the New Holland Dealer says he is going to repair the tractor in question because the damage was caused by a three point backhoe, get the owners name and contact him and confirm that.

I am afraid you are going to have to go with what you have.
    Last edited by Gator6x4; 08-05-2014 at 04:37 AM.

Tractor
    Kubota L3400HST

I've seen the entire back end of a Leyland ripped out - just pulling a brush hog. And it was only 3 years old... No help from Leyland though - none whatsoever except to sell him the parts or to refer him back to the dealer for a customer paid repair.

I can't comment on your situation, but I can verify that there's probably not many (on any at all) manufacturers will step up and repair if free after 10 years.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat

Regardless that its obvious, there are some things you dont even try to explain to some people.
    I agree Larry, I am not sure why I wasted my time trying to explain it to you, but at least you recognize your limitations!

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat

You have your opinion and I have mine. When big companies get Loans and pay them back "They are screwing the taxpayer" everyone knows the wasteful tax loopholes need to be weeded out and stopped. I don't like paying for someones extravagant spending. The taxpayer is buying those tractors not him. If everyone did that where would this country be. They call it self restraint. Just because it's legal does not make it right. Thats my opinion and I sure you will voice yours, with 3176 post you've had a lot of them. You are right about one thing "he takes advantage of tax law".
    You are right, I have my opinion, and since it is approved by LAW, that you are allowed to depreciate a piece of equipment, it is perfectly good and right that a person, company, corporation or WHATEVER is perfectly within their right to do so.

Now when and if congress decides to change the law, then it MAY no longer be legal and in doing so then they would be screwing America

I hope that makes it a LITTLE more clear, if not I will try to type SLOWER for you next time

Tractor
    JD2010, Kubota3450,2550, Mahindra 7520 w FEL w Skid Steer QC w/Tilt Tatch, & BH, BX1500

Quote Originally Posted by lilranch2001 View Post
    I agree Larry, I am not sure why I wasted my time trying to explain it to you, but at least you recognize your limitations!
    I try not to recriminate.
    This side of 40
    JD2010, Kubota L3450/FEL w SK QC, L2550 w FEL
    Mahindra 7520 [Pinky] /FEL w Skid Steer QC/w Tilt Tatch & BH, BX1500 [Mighty Mouse]
    IH37 Baler, CCM165 Drum Mower, JD Rake
    JD 127 bushog, Flail, SK Tilt Tatch , KK tiller, Rhino rear blade, Post driver, post auger, chipper, pallet fork, Grapple/Loader Buddy, Homemade Splitter/DC Welder

Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

Dang, way too much arguing going on in this thread.

Tractor
    08 JD 2305

I had a very similar problem with my much smaller john deere 2305 and a post hole digger, snapped the weak aluminum transaxle in two. The machine was just months out of warrantee and john deere did nothing. The repair bills at the stealership racked up to $4500. I ended up putting it through my homeowners insurance.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast