This is how I fuel the tractor

/ This is how I fuel the tractor #11  
I use the No-Spill can. I lift it up on the loader arm. Then I stand on top of the front tire. I let the base of the No-Spill rest on the loader arm, and lay the No-Spill down and push the button. Pretty simple stuff and the No-Spill doesn't leak a drop.

I've got this 50 gallon diesel tank with a toolbox on top mounted in my utility trailer. But I usually don't have the trailer with me at the property, so I just use the No-Spill can these days.

CA_08021413554416-XL.jpg

CA_08021413551158-XL.jpg

Hope ypu are aware that the length of galvanized pipe in your fuel delivery system will eventually cause you issues...... Diesel has a bad habit of pullinbg the galvanizing from the ID of the pipe (in solution) and depositing it at your injector tips, eventually destrpying the injector.

You need black pipe, not Galv.

/ This is how I fuel the tractor #12  
A couple of galv fitting probable isn't a problem but NFPA sez...

"NFPA-30 gives further recommendations on use of UL listed tanks, vent piping and vent capacity, tank openings, and drainage. Reactive metals such as galvanized steel , zinc, and copper should not be used in fuel system construction as these types of metals can serve as an oxidation catalyst with diesel fuel."

Fuel oxidation is one of the primary contributors to poor fuel.

/ This is how I fuel the tractor #13  
Next to my shed, I have a 5 foot stand (in the shade of cedar trees) that I lift the 5 gallon jugs on to. Then I throw a siphon hose over a branch and take a break on the tractor seat while it fills. Works for me as a poor boy way of doing things. Using some junk lumber and eight feet of 5/8 inch tubing, it didn't cost much. You gotta have some good lungs to get it going .:laughing: Yet those full jugs are a little heavy for me to get up to 5 feet.......as I'm only 5'3'' myself....guess I've got more brawn than brains.:eek:

Put your finger over the end of the siphon tube ald lower almost all the tube to below the level of fuel inthe tank. Slowly pull out tube to fuel tank and release finger. Fuel should flow. There are othe ways of doing this and not having to use your finger.

/ This is how I fuel the tractor #14  
Thanks, Egon....will have to try that if, for no other reason, to prove that it works.

/ This is how I fuel the tractor #15  
   / This is how I fuel the tractor #16  
Hope ypu are aware that the length of galvanized pipe in your fuel delivery system will eventually cause you issues...... Diesel has a bad habit of pullinbg the galvanizing from the ID of the pipe (in solution) and depositing it at your injector tips, eventually destrpying the injector.

You need black pipe, not Galv.

Hmmm. Are you talking about the pipe and fittings between the filter and the pump?

Didn't know that, but those pieces would be simple to replace.

/ This is how I fuel the tractor #18  
I have the exact same toolbox / transfer tank in the back of my truck, that I use to fuel both truck and tractor using 12v off the truck (this allows for lubricity, Cetane etc. additives for both, and use of a prefilter, and gives me a 1000 mile range when towing heavy as well as a convenient way to top off the tractor). However I will need to look into the galvanized pipe issue to see what I have - first I have heard of this problem.

/ This is how I fuel the tractor #19  
To fill my tractor I prefer to drive in to the local service station and just use the pump.

/ This is how I fuel the tractor #20  
I use a similar tank and pump system, Gary, but with a booster pack similar to this:

Motomaster Eliminator 800A Powerbox | Canadian Tire

The booster pack is handy for trips to the back country and for lighting and small appliances during power outages.

I think my tank is 70 imperial gallons(318 liters):

View attachment 384956

I fill it two or three times per year. It is easy to transport in the truck.
A booster pack is what I was using till the battery quit taking a charge. It wasn't as big as the one you linked but the same principle. It doesn't take much juice to run the pump to fill a 10 gallon tank but one of my tractors now hold 26 gallons so it takes about twice as long. Still these little pumps can run a long time on a super small battery. I tore mine apart when it quit taking a charge and turned it into a battery minder.