This is how I fuel the tractor

/ This is how I fuel the tractor #31  
As a fellow 59 YO I figured I wasn't going to get any younger or stronger, so I bit the bullet and spent a few bucks. I bought the pump, got the barrel for free and modified an old gas grill frame that I had in the garage. I put wheels on it so I can wheel it out of the garage to fuel the tractor. I use a 12v battery jump pack to power it so it's totally portable.

IMG_5575_zps81dd7971.jpg

IMG_5573_zps5c24e379.jpg

/ This is how I fuel the tractor
As a fellow 59 YO I figured I wasn't going to get any younger or stronger, so I bit the bullet and spent a few bucks. I bought the pump, got the barrel for free and modified an old gas grill frame that I had in the garage. I put wheels on it so I can wheel it out of the garage to fuel the tractor. I use a 12v battery jump pack to power it so it's totally portable.

IMG_5575_zps81dd7971.jpg

IMG_5573_zps5c24e379.jpg

Looks good!

/ This is how I fuel the tractor #33  
If the CARB approved spouts are driving you nuts, just replace them with this "water can" spout and vent kit.

HOME « EZ-POUR

With the vent open, I can empty 5 gallons in under a minute. On my new holland boomer 30, the 5 gal can rests nicely on the back of the seat and the spout bends into the tank, so I don't have to hold the can the entire time.

Those are avail at TSC as well. They work very well.

/ This is how I fuel the tractor #34  

But, as I said earlier, the thread pattern on these doesn't work with my Spectre diesel cans that I also bought at TSC. So, whether they will work or not depends on which brand of diesel can you have.

/ This is how I fuel the tractor #35  
I don't know what brand of cans I have, several, but they work with all mine.

/ This is how I fuel the tractor #36  
I just installed a sheet metal screw in the back side of the fuel can and popped the spring loaded insert out from the spout.

The gummit comes up with some lain-brained ideas.

A valve stem with the with the valve removed works great. Just loosen the plastic cap to vent.

/ This is how I fuel the tractor #37  
That's a good idea.

/ This is how I fuel the tractor #38  
It's been reported here on TBN by several members that the valve stem deteriorates in a year or so.

/ This is how I fuel the tractor #39  
I have three more years on you so I do this. I use the round cans to transport in the car/Jeep for filling, but they have a flame arrester and I can't insert the tube for sucking out the fuel. I use the round cans to fill several square, plastic diesel containers, which I insert the diesel pump inlet hose into while they are sitting on the ground- no lifting. I also have a quick disconnect 12vdc power connector at the front of the tractor for connecting the diesel pump to. And of course insert a Mr. Funnel AF15 fuel filter into the tractor's fuel tank filler opening.

Very easy to fuel with 5 gallons containers.

DSC00189.JPGDSC00191.JPGDSC00249.JPG

/ This is how I fuel the tractor #40  

I use them on my new plastic diesel cans. I also poked a vent hole in the can at the top rear with an awl and plug it with a wooden golf tee when not in use. I have plenty of golf tees lying around if I lose one.