An Accessory for your Lock-N-Lube grease coupler

/ An Accessory for your Lock-N-Lube grease coupler #1  

k0ua

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kioti DK35se Hydrostat
I purchased some parts to make a right angle accessory coupler to go with my Lock-N-Lube grease gun coupler (the best greasing coupler to come along in the last 100 years). What this does is gives me access using a right angle coupler to those two pesky zerks on my Kioti tractor, the brake pedal shaft and the go pedals shaft. They are straight zerks, but where they are situated they should have been 90 degree zerks pointing outboard. Since Kioti uses some goofy British Straight Pipe zerks on their loaders and backhoes, I did not know for sure what the main chassis zerks would be so I just made up this little coupler instead of trying to replace them.

I took a lincoln Model 5883 ninety degree coupler and screwed a 1/8 NPT standard zerk into the rear end of it. Now anytime I cant get the larger Lock-N-Lube coupler easily on a zerk, I have this little jewel to snap on to the end of it to reach those unhandy zerks.:)

IMG_20140802_110115_816.jpgIMG_20140802_110256_635.jpgIMG_20140802_110412_154.jpgIMG_20140802_110851_288.jpg

/ An Accessory for your Lock-N-Lube grease coupler #2  
Excellent thinking! I'm gonna steal this idea.

/ An Accessory for your Lock-N-Lube grease coupler #3  
   / An Accessory for your Lock-N-Lube grease coupler #4  
Great idea! Thanks.

/ An Accessory for your Lock-N-Lube grease coupler #5  
I already have the Lincoln 90deg adapter, adding a zerk to it so I don't have to change fittings on my gun just for those 2 zerks is a great idea... thanks.

/ An Accessory for your Lock-N-Lube grease coupler #6  
I have a nice older grease gun adapter kit that includes all sorts of adapters for hard to reach grease fittings and a couple of needles to inject grease into bearings. It also has a couple of tools to remove damaged zerks. I rarely use it but when I need it the set is worth it's weight in gold. I think both Lincoln and Legacy make set.

/ An Accessory for your Lock-N-Lube grease coupler #8  
Reviving this thread for those who might find it of use. I'm going to do this trick 90 degree and zerk fitting too, and add it to my Lock-N-Lube standard length adapter.
BTW, I just found out L-N-Lube makes a longer reach EX model for reaching deep recessed zerks on PTO shaft bearings and other hard to reach places, AND they have a rebuild the jaws and seal kit available too.

/ An Accessory for your Lock-N-Lube grease coupler #9  
Reviving this thread for those who might find it of use. I'm going to do this trick 90 degree and zerk fitting too, and add it to my Lock-N-Lube standard length adapter.
BTW, I just found out L-N-Lube makes a longer reach EX model for reaching deep recessed zerks on PTO shaft bearings and other hard to reach places, AND they have a rebuild the jaws and seal kit available too.
Thanks for reviving it for us who never saw it before.

/ An Accessory for your Lock-N-Lube grease coupler #10  
BTW, I just found out L-N-Lube makes a longer reach EX model for reaching deep recessed zerks on PTO shaft bearings and other hard to reach places,
And a picture showing both standard and EX:
Extended-regular-coupler-profile-ruler.png