Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Bobcat V417 Toolcat 5610 F TORO+Loader

Default Re: Boom Pole ?

Quote Originally Posted by Leejohn View Post
    I though it might of been. Now I think can do it from looking at yours and Sodamo's pictures. Thanks well be trying around wednesday.
    Good luck and we need pictures.
    Hold "Ctrl" (Control) and click on a picture or a Link, to open it in a new Tab.

My Avatar, the TORO+Loader:
    Kwik-Way FEL and TORO Groundsmaster Put Together

Compact Telehandler: ​(This replaced my tractor) http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/b...ml#post3243370

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Montana R4944, Ford Jubilee, Ford 621, Ford 841

I assume everyone using these Boom Poles has loaded tires right? I will need one to help the boy with his pole barn maybe next year and I would like as much in put as I can find. I just don't know the right questions.
    Montana R4944
    Ford Jubliee, Ford 841, Ford 621 industrial with FEL & BH

Elite Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 1070

Quote Originally Posted by Xfaxman View Post
    I think someone on here has a telehandler that would be perfect for this job

...can't remember who it is though

Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST, Case DX35

Quote Originally Posted by Guesseral View Post
    I assume everyone using these Boom Poles has loaded tires right? I will need one to help the boy with his pole barn maybe next year and I would like as much in put as I can find. I just don't know the right questions.
    No loaded tires here, but the backhoe is a big help. Still easy to get tippy. Now if I had level ground...

David Sent from my iPad Air using TractorByNet
    David
    Please visit: Vacation Hawaii

CK30HST, FEL w/ATI Tach all, Toothbar, Pallet forks, BH, Hydraulic Offset Flail, Brush Hog, Box Blade, PHD, Tiller, Landscape Rake, Boom pole w/extension&winch, Quick hitch, TuffTop Canopy
    Case DX35 w/LX116 "bobtach" Loader,

Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST, Case DX35

No pics, but it is possible to raise my boom pole, then use the winch to lift. Usually minimal tractor movement if doing so.

David Sent from my iPad Air using TractorByNet
    David
    Please visit: Vacation Hawaii

CK30HST, FEL w/ATI Tach all, Toothbar, Pallet forks, BH, Hydraulic Offset Flail, Brush Hog, Box Blade, PHD, Tiller, Landscape Rake, Boom pole w/extension&winch, Quick hitch, TuffTop Canopy
    Case DX35 w/LX116 "bobtach" Loader,

Tractor
    Kubota BX2230

A boom pole can make life easier, but its possible to put up trusses w/o them also.
    My b-i-l built a pole barn last summer (30x50). he lifted the trusses up to the supporting beams using ropes. He got them in the right location hanging upside down, but the tied in place with rope. There was enough slack in place to allow them to pivot. He then tied a rope to the peak of the truss as a safety anchor so that as it got up to the right position it couldn't fall over the other way. Next he fastened a 16 or 18 foot 2x4 to the peak and then started to push against the peak which caused it to rotate away and up. He walked under the truss as it was pivoting on the ends and pushed it up to an upright position. Once it was upright, he just used his ropes one at a time to maneuver it in place and bolted it down.

Note: if using stated method, always map out an escape route. Anticipate where it will go if something breaks and run away from that. He only used it once when the wind grabbed the truss and flopped it over too fast. But one guy can do a heckuva lot with some decent backyard engineering.

Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

Quote Originally Posted by Xfaxman View Post
    What, you're not going to take that V417 over there and show him how easy it is with the right equipment? He's ONLY 8 hr. drive from you.
    Then we would be sure to have pictures.
    Dennis

CT225 w/7TL QA FEL, 60"tooth dirt bucket, 68" smooth bucket, Pallet Forks, Bale Spear. Hydrualic top llin, QH, 48 RC, 60" tiller, Angle blade, Landscape rake, Carry-all, Post hole auger.

Tractor
    Bobcat V417 Toolcat 5610 F TORO+Loader

Quote Originally Posted by mikehaugen View Post
    I think someone on here has a telehandler that would be perfect for this job

...can't remember who it is though
    I know who it is, but I ain't tellin!

Quote Originally Posted by SSdoxie View Post
    What, you're not going to take that V417 over there and show him how easy it is with the right equipment? He's ONLY 8 hr. drive from you.
    Then we would be sure to have pictures.
    Only 8 hours? Would if I could, but I can't.

I didn't have a boom pole, had to use the long stump bucket,

But do have pictures.
    -p1250018-jpg -p1250027-jpg -p1250028-jpg
    The trusses are 40 feet long.
    Hold "Ctrl" (Control) and click on a picture or a Link, to open it in a new Tab.

My Avatar, the TORO+Loader:
    Kwik-Way FEL and TORO Groundsmaster Put Together

Compact Telehandler: ​(This replaced my tractor) http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/b...ml#post3243370

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST Cab, Kubota BX23TLB

Quote Originally Posted by Guesseral View Post
    Load your tires and put your heaviest implement on the 3 point hitch. You want as much ballast back there as you can get. Then lift carefully and slowly to test it. Think about how much weight you're lifting up front and how far out it is. Better safe than sorry.

Pappy

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4240, B7800 & BX2660

I well have some pictures, ran out of time today. I made two new poles today, one 8' and one 12' was able to try the 8' and the tractor hyd's had no trouble lifting it. Didn't get a chance to try the 12' ran out of daylight. With the 8' I didn't put any weight on, just loaded tires.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast