Boom Pole ?

/ Boom Pole ? #11  
I though it might of been. Now I think can do it from looking at yours and Sodamo's pictures. Thanks well be trying around wednesday.
Good luck :thumbsup: and we need pictures. :D

/ Boom Pole ? #12  
I assume everyone using these Boom Poles has loaded tires right? I will need one to help the boy with his pole barn maybe next year and I would like as much in put as I can find. I just don't know the right questions.

/ Boom Pole ? #13  

I think someone on here has a telehandler that would be perfect for this job

...can't remember who it is though :D

/ Boom Pole ? #14  
I assume everyone using these Boom Poles has loaded tires right? I will need one to help the boy with his pole barn maybe next year and I would like as much in put as I can find. I just don't know the right questions.

No loaded tires here, but the backhoe is a big help. Still easy to get tippy. Now if I had level ground...

David Sent from my iPad Air using TractorByNet

/ Boom Pole ? #15  
No pics, but it is possible to raise my boom pole, then use the winch to lift. Usually minimal tractor movement if doing so.

David Sent from my iPad Air using TractorByNet

/ Boom Pole ? #16  
A boom pole can make life easier, but its possible to put up trusses w/o them also.
My b-i-l built a pole barn last summer (30x50). he lifted the trusses up to the supporting beams using ropes. He got them in the right location hanging upside down, but the tied in place with rope. There was enough slack in place to allow them to pivot. He then tied a rope to the peak of the truss as a safety anchor so that as it got up to the right position it couldn't fall over the other way. Next he fastened a 16 or 18 foot 2x4 to the peak and then started to push against the peak which caused it to rotate away and up. He walked under the truss as it was pivoting on the ends and pushed it up to an upright position. Once it was upright, he just used his ropes one at a time to maneuver it in place and bolted it down.

Note: if using stated method, always map out an escape route. Anticipate where it will go if something breaks and run away from that. He only used it once when the wind grabbed the truss and flopped it over too fast. But one guy can do a heckuva lot with some decent backyard engineering.

/ Boom Pole ? #17  

What, you're not going to take that V417 over there and show him how easy it is with the right equipment? He's ONLY 8 hr. drive from you. :laughing:
Then we would be sure to have pictures. :thumbsup:

/ Boom Pole ? #18  
I think someone on here has a telehandler that would be perfect for this job

...can't remember who it is though :D
I know who it is, but I ain't tellin! :laughing:

What, you're not going to take that V417 over there and show him how easy it is with the right equipment? He's ONLY 8 hr. drive from you. :laughing:
Then we would be sure to have pictures. :thumbsup:

Only 8 hours? Would if I could, but I can't. :(

I didn't have a boom pole, had to use the long stump bucket, :D

But do have pictures. :thumbsup:
P1250018.JPG P1250027.JPG P1250028.JPG
The trusses are 40 feet long.

/ Boom Pole ? #19  

Load your tires and put your heaviest implement on the 3 point hitch. You want as much ballast back there as you can get. Then lift carefully and slowly to test it. Think about how much weight you're lifting up front and how far out it is. Better safe than sorry.

/ Boom Pole ?
I well have some pictures, ran out of time today. I made two new poles today, one 8' and one 12' was able to try the 8' and the tractor hyd's had no trouble lifting it. Didn't get a chance to try the 12' ran out of daylight. With the 8' I didn't put any weight on, just loaded tires.