Boom Pole ?

/ Boom Pole ? #1  

Leejohn

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4240, B7800 & BX2660
I have a L4240 and need a 12" boom pole on the bucket to lift 400 to 500 lbs. Has anyone used one that long?

Thanks Lee

/ Boom Pole ? #2  
That is a lot of weight way out there. I not sure what the capacity is on your loader but it should be interesting to find out. I hooked a 3" schedule 40 galvanized pipe (300# maybe) to my loader when is was tilted way under. The pipe was about 30-35' long. I had all I could do to get it raised up. I could lift the FEL arms but the bucket wouldn't tilt up with that much weight on it. Good luck. A want to see how this unfolds because I have need for something like that but for a lighter load.

/ Boom Pole ?
12 feet

/ Boom Pole ?
That is a lot of weight way out there. I not sure what the capacity is on your loader but it should be interesting to find out. I hooked a 3" schedule 40 galvanized pipe (300# maybe) to my loader when is was tilted way under. The pipe was about 30-35' long. I had all I could do to get it raised up. I could lift the FEL arms but the bucket wouldn't tilt up with that much weight on it. Good luck. A want to see how this unfolds because I have need for something like that but for a lighter load.

I can do it real easy with a 4' , but I need to get real high. I'm putting up a 18X16 wood frame that are 2X4's on 2' centers. One side and one end are 2X6's. I have put up 3 and it went up easy, but only had to go up about 10' now it's right at 16 to 18' and can't get as close to it. My loader is good for 1800 to 1900 lbs with no boom pole.

/ Boom Pole ? #6  
This is the set up I used to set some gates and to set the arch way for my entrance way. The gin poles are about 10 or 12' long. This worked very well.

007.JPG
011.JPG

/ Boom Pole ?
Did the arch way seem heavy when you were going up with it? Your branson is a little bigger then mine. It could have 2.5" cyl. mine are 2". The arch way does look like the pipe is good size. Thanks for the pictures.

/ Boom Pole ? #8  
I believe this was 12ft and in pic the panel is 15ft. I did pick up some heavier/longer/thicker panels, but doubt they weighed 300-400 pounds. I had a 2000lb, 12 vdc winch on it also. I have moved 750 pounds with the un extended boom pole. There is an old thread about these circa 2006?

image-2292855731.jpg

David Sent from my iPad Air using TractorByNet

/ Boom Pole ? #9  
Leejohn

It was heavy. The vertical pipes are 3" with 1/4" walls. The horizontal pipe are 2" and 1/4" wall.

Another project..Building a pen for my Guineas.

004.JPG

/ Boom Pole ?
I though it might of been. Now I think can do it from looking at yours and Sodamo's pictures. Thanks well be trying around wednesday.