Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Kubota L38

Default Re: kubota 7040 and 12' landpride RC 2512 leaving streaks

Quote Originally Posted by gwdixon View Post
    Mowing 90ー to the original path is not the greatest either. That will leave tire-width square patches over the entire field. Been there, done that (only once).
    After the first cut of our pastures when we purchased the land I found the best quality to be obtained to mow cross-hatch a week later. Now if I have to mow longer fields I will sharpen the blades and use a slight overlap with the retreating edge of the deck to get the lingering grass. Produces a good-nuff result

As far as high suction blades, I don't think the results would change much. My cutter already makes a heck of a mess with any dust. The blades on it are angled and increase as it reaches the end. It doesn't really help with stuff that's over a foot high. The only solution is get a nice trouble free cut is to mow every 17 days or so. Not so often this time of the season.

Tractor
    NEW HOLLAND 4835

Quote Originally Posted by davtreece31 View Post
    hello

I have a new kubota and I purchased the landpride RC 2512, with the rpms running at 540 rpm , sometimes there are streaks of uncut grass , Is there something that I can do to correct this issue .
    thanks
    Had the same problem with mines. Land Pride payed a mechanic to swap the gear boxes on the two wings. That fixed the problem, how I don't know but I was happy. Let me guess, streaking grass 2 foot from each side.

Tractor
    Kubota 8560

You should have turnbuckles on rear to adjust each wing up/down slightly to get the cut you want.Also make sure front is slightly down more than back.you will get a better cut.If the LandPride is new it should have owners manual showing adjustments.

Tractor
    Kubota M9540, Ford 3910FWD, JD2210

Quote Originally Posted by Lund2002 View Post
    You should have turnbuckles on rear to adjust each wing up/down slightly to get the cut you want.Also make sure front is slightly down more than back.you will get a better cut.If the LandPride is new it should have owners manual showing adjustments.
    Welcome to TBN Lund2002.

There are definitely some adjustments that can "sharpen" the cut. Speed is a factor as well. Post some pictures of the cut if you can.
    Richard

"Happiness isn't having everything you want, it's wanting everything you have."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12