kubota 7040 and 12' landpride RC 2512 leaving streaks

/ kubota 7040 and 12' landpride RC 2512 leaving streaks #1  

davtreece31

Tractor
kubota 7040
hello

I have a new Kubota and I purchased the landpride RC 2512, with the rpms running at 540 rpm , sometimes there are streaks of uncut grass , Is there something that I can do to correct this issue .
thanks

/ kubota 7040 and 12' landpride RC 2512 leaving streaks #2  
I run into this issue sometimes if the grass is really long. The tires on the tractor mash the grass down and the mower misses it....

/ kubota 7040 and 12' landpride RC 2512 leaving streaks #3  
rotatory cutters and cutting tall weeds and stuff are completely different than finishing mowers that you use when mowing your lawn. rotatory cutters rough cut. if ya wanting a finishing mower look, then get out there much more often and keep the stuff from getting to tall. but kinda defeats idea of mowing 2 to 3 times a year of the pasture. vs finishing mower the lawn were ya out there approx once a week mowing.

/ kubota 7040 and 12' landpride RC 2512 leaving streaks #4  
I have an M7040, and lately I've been thinking of getting a 12ft bat wing, perhaps landpride....so interested in more information.

I would wonder at what height you have the mower? And what type weeds grasses are you cutting? What gear are you running the M7040 in?

/ kubota 7040 and 12' landpride RC 2512 leaving streaks #5  
As moriboy states, the problem is most likely tires pressing down the foliage and missing being fully cut. Then the next day or two it stands up again and looks like crap.

The only solution is to go over the area again and miss the tall foliage with your tires.

A photo of the problem would go a long way for us to help you solve the issue.

Another possibility is that when mowing very thick and heavy weeds (or brush) the blades of a rotary cutter will swing back and out of the way. The only solution to that is to travel much slower in the heavy areas.

/ kubota 7040 and 12' landpride RC 2512 leaving streaks #6  
hello

I have a new Kubota and I purchased the landpride RC 2512, with the rpms running at 540 rpm , sometimes there are streaks of uncut grass , Is there something that I can do to correct this issue .
thanks
Have you tried cutting in reverse over an area you have not previously driven over? As others have stated the issue is most likely the taller grass you're flattening out with the tires. If you're cutting it regularly, you will need to cut it sooner when it is not as long. I have the same issue with a 5' cutter on a smaller machine and it requires me to overlap passes. The issue would be less pronounced if your left deck spun clockwise and your right deck CCW (assuming the retreating sides would be cutting over the tire tracks). The retreating side of the deck does a better cut of flattened grass. Cutting perpendicular to your last cut also helps alleviate the issue somewhat.

Last edited:
   / kubota 7040 and 12' landpride RC 2512 leaving streaks
thanks for allf the help I agree that it is probably the tires but the goat weeds are tough to mow anyway !!! is there a alternative type of cutting blades for the landpride ?

/ kubota 7040 and 12' landpride RC 2512 leaving streaks
Is there a optional set of blades on the market that may provide a better cut for thicker or tougher grass?

/ kubota 7040 and 12' landpride RC 2512 leaving streaks #9  
Is there a optional set of blades on the market that may provide a better cut for thicker or tougher grass?

If you're using it for general mowing and not going to be doing any brush/sapling mowing, sharpen the blades! Sharp blades cut grass better while dull blades hold up a little better to abuse. Dull blades also tend to shatter sapling trunks to avoid having solid stubs left behind.

/ kubota 7040 and 12' landpride RC 2512 leaving streaks #10  
thanks for allf the help I agree that it is probably the tires but the goat weeds are tough to mow anyway !!! is there a alternative type of cutting blades for the landpride ?

I don't think that you'll get any better results with a different style of blade. If the tires are matting down the weeds then blades of whatever style will miss them.

Some smaller mowers have "high lift" blades that are supposed to create a vacuum to lift the grass but I haven't seen them for a Bush Hog style mower.

I'll say it again, the best method is to re-mow over the high spots in a couple of days. Of course, if the area is 100 acres, or so, and you are charging for the mowing then that option is less desirable.

Mowing 90° to the original path is not the greatest either. That will leave tire-width square patches over the entire field. Been there, done that (only once).