Rear Slow moving vehicle sign question

/ Rear Slow moving vehicle sign question #1  

gphil12873

Silver Member
Tractor
LS XR4046HC
I have a Ls XR4046 with a cab and the thing was in the way big time. So I took it off. My question is ( I guess it could be dependant upon state) can I get suction cups and stick it on the inside of the glass if I get on the road? I guess I could stick it on the outside but if it falls off may not know it. Got a cousin that is a Sherriff and he said he didnt think it would matter.

/ Rear Slow moving vehicle sign question #3  
There may be other sections of Alabama law that would apply, but this section implies you would be OK:

When operated, propelled, driven, towed, pushed or otherwise moving over, along or across any highway in this state, every vehicle which has a maximum potential speed of 25 miles an hour, implement of husbandry, farm tractor or special mobile equipment shall be identified with a reflective device as follows:

(1) An equilateral triangle in shape at least 16 inches wide at the base and at least 14 inches in height, with a bright red border, at least one and three-quarter inches wide of highly reflective beaded material;

(2) A center triangle, at least 12 1/4 inches on each side of yellow-orange fluorescent material.
(Acts 1971, No. 1186, p. 2048, ァ1.)

ALA CODE § 32-5-246 : Alabama Code - Section 32-5-246: REFLECTIVE DEVICES FOR SLOW-MOVING VEHICLES - REQUIRED; DESIGN

Steve

/ Rear Slow moving vehicle sign question
Sounds good to me...get pulled over I will say TBN said it was perfectly fine..lol...J/K.

/ Rear Slow moving vehicle sign question #5  
My only question would be whether the reflective surface would be less effective/reflective should the glass be tinted.