Where does your tractor sleep?

/ Where does your tractor sleep? #22  
Inside. 007.jpg

/ Where does your tractor sleep? #23  
I've been parking my tractor in the new garage since last winter on a new cement floor, because I got tied of taking my chainsaw off and all the other woods working jingle jangles. Two weeks ago I walk by the tractor, and out the corner of my eye I notice a fresh oil on the floor, hum did my son change oil in his car yesterday, at a closer look I see one of the motor oil plugs halfway out and dripping slowly, wow I retightened the plug backup, check the dipstick, down a little, this could of turned a lot worse if I was down in the woods pulling out some more logs, and if I had parked the tractor outside, I wonder if I would of notice the oil spot on dirt. I think the plug loosen up from the day before when I got hung up on a tree stump , I guess.

/ Where does your tractor sleep? #24  
Under the stars for the last 10 years, just like all Caterpillar construction equipment!

/ Where does your tractor sleep? #25  
I have a Shelter Logic portable garage that mine lives in, with a gravel floor. I might consider putting in a wood floor (2x8's supported on 4x4's) sometime in the near future.

Last edited:
   / Where does your tractor sleep? #26  
I am in the under the stars club... actually it is more like under the shade of a oak tree.

I plan on building a carport early next year so my B20 and F250 can get out of the summer sun.

Paul

/ Where does your tractor sleep? #27  
You guys can have the "under the stars" and keep it. I see though that most of you are in nice warm areas. As for myself all my gear sat like that as the old stuff does now but not my new one. No way in Northern NY with the constant rain and ice. The To-20 can live outdoors to mow the grass as it has for the past 20 years but the Massey 3617 with all it's electronic goodies at least gets a spot in the dry barn. Who knows it might just get a concrete floor but for now gravel will do just fine. The stray cat seems to live in my boat parked next to it so he can guard that too while he is at it.
My goal for this year is to get all the mechanical implements like post hole digger, mower , hog and hoe under real cover. For some reason in this Arctic swamp climate we have metal items just don't fare well under tarps. They need better ventilation to dry the humidity out.

/ Where does your tractor sleep? #28  
My average humidity in the summer is in the single digits to low teens I often don't even have dew in the morning for months. The rains are mostly Dec - March averaging 14"per year. The big enemy here is the sun so shade is the essential thing most of the year.

Paul

/ Where does your tractor sleep? #29  
My average humidity in the summer is in the single digits to low teens I often don't even have dew in the morning for months. The rains are mostly Dec - March averaging 14"per year. The big enemy here is the sun so shade is the essential thing most of the year.

Paul

Pretty much the same here for humidity, but our long term average rain is 4.3" per year except for the last 3 years where it has been less than half of that.

/ Where does your tractor sleep? #30  
Pretty much the same here for humidity, but our long term average rain is 4.3" per year except for the last 3 years where it has been less than half of that.

Years ago I spent a lot of time in the Mojave and I really like the climate, I have driven the entire Mojave road from Barstow to Laughlin many times and I hope to be able to get out there more in a couple more years.

Paul