Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    2013 Kioti DK40SE HST, 1975? Ford 3000

Default Where does your tractor sleep?

I am looking for ideas for a new place to store my tractor, I had it in the ideal place (the barn) but then I got the bright idea to keep chickens in the barn http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/k...-new-post.html , then we got 2 barn cats that seem to love the challenge of playing king of the hill on the hood of the ole DK. SO now I would like to make a new, single residence, for the tractor. I am looking to keep cost as low as possible so buying/ building a new barn/shed/building is not really in the budget right now, but I do have a lean too on the back side of the barn that I COULD finish into a "garage" but that is where all my implements and Grapple are kept. I also saw someone using a conex shipping container for a storage building but wow those things are going for $2500 to $3500 on CL. Just looking at how you guys are doing it and maybe even some unique pics of storage options.
    1 Corinthians 1:18

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Default Re: Where does your tractor sleep?

-gary-house-apr-071-jpgI have lean too sheds on each side of my shop. One side holds my LS and the other my kubota. It keeps most of the elements off, but does nothing to keep my neighbors cat from walking on the hood and seat. Not the best photo but it does show the shop and sheds.

My truck is behind the door on the left, wife's new car is on the left along my work/welding are. Garage at the house keeps wife's old car and golf cart and Kubota RTV900. We use them more than vehicles so they are closer to home. If I need either of the vehicles, the cart or RTV hauls my lazy butt to the shop to get a vehicle.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor
    Kubota M6040

My tractor is parked in one stall of a four stall carport. All my implements are on pallets out by the orchard. Soo - I'm looking for covered storage for the implements, also. I would like covered storage for at least the chipper & grapple. One of these days I'll have to break down and build something. All my wishing and deep thinking certainly have not generated anything, ha,ha.
    Ride hard or sit your butt on the porch

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    LS R4047H

I went with a 18x 26 carport. I've since put some sun blocker mesh sides on it to keep the sun off and keeps stuff from blowing in. Works great so far for the money. I've also go back and blocked under each leg on the low side.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-2892223547-jpg  

Tractor
    Branson 6640C and Branson 2400

Mine sleeps in my shop.

-012-jpg

Tractor
    Shibuara Ford New Holland 555D NH Workmaster 55

I built a shed out of lumber I had sawed on my place. I've got $700 in the tin and the lumber cost me .35 a bf to saw.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-100336287-jpg   -image-469630259-jpg  

Tractor
    2014 Mahindra 3016HST

in my barn. I need to make it bigger.

Tractor
    L4200GST w/ LA680 & BX2200D w/ LA211

I built a 10'x20' addition onto my old shed - pole barn, or pole roof...kinda - specifically to park my tractor under. Keeps the weather off. I planned to hang a plywood wall on the outside and put siding on it, leaving the front and back open, but never got around to it. Cost about a grand to put up all together.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0241-jpg   -img_0257-jpg   -shed-030-jpg  

Silver Member
    Tractor
    New Holland Boomer 50

Mine is sleeping in Bay 2 of the garage at the moment. Figure my car sits outside at work all day so what's the difference if it's sits outside at night. That and the tractor is a lot less weatherproof.

Sometime soon I'm planning on getting a redneck garage (metal carport) for it to sleep in until I can get my shop built. They're relatively cheap and I can move it and convert it to other storage in the future.

Tractor
    TM233

-garage080614-jpgSadly, for the last three years it's been under a tarp parked under the back porch. But within a few weeks, she'll have home fit for a queen! This is what her new digs looked like Wednesday 8/6!

Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast