Single diesel oil for all aplications??

/ Single diesel oil for all aplications?? #1  

wpala

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B2920, Kioti CK30 HST, Kioti RX7320
Hi
I have 2 older tractors , and 2 newer + RTV diesel, some older ones require SEA30 oil, newer 10W30, I found this on the amsoil web site and was wondering if this would be a good option of buying single oil for all my tractors? specs are impressive and is an Amsoil
here is a link

AMSOIL Synthetic SAE 10W-30/SAE 30 Heavy-Duty Motor Oil

Any thoughts and recommendations are welcome
Paul.W

/ Single diesel oil for all aplications?? #2  
I run Mobil 1 5W-40 synthetic in every diesel I own. Trucks, dozers, tractors, etc. May not be for everyone but it has worked for me quite well.

/ Single diesel oil for all aplications?? #3  
I run Mobil 1 5W-40 synthetic in every diesel I own. Trucks, dozers, tractors, etc. May not be for everyone but it has worked for me quite well.

I know a contractor in my area who buys rotella t by the barrel and runs it in all his equipment, even his gas car and pick up , been doing it for years now .

/ Single diesel oil for all aplications?? #4  
I can't imagine having any problems running that oil in all four machines. At $40 a gallon it better be awesome!

I won't say better oil won't produce better results, but I think regularly changing oil, and ensuring the proper fill level are the most important factors in long service life.

/ Single diesel oil for all aplications?? #5  
Rotella synthetic 5w40 and Chevron Delo 5w40 synthetic are also very good oils for a reasonable price. The 5 weight vs 15 in cold weather makes a big difference in starting diesels. I have run both of these oils in gas motors as well, with very good oil analysis results.

/ Single diesel oil for all aplications?? #6  
Hi
I have 2 older tractors , and 2 newer + RTV diesel, some older ones require SEA30 oil, newer 10W30, I found this on the amsoil web site and was wondering if this would be a good option of buying single oil for all my tractors? specs are impressive and is an Amsoil
here is a link

AMSOIL Synthetic SAE 10W-30/SAE 30 Heavy-Duty Motor Oil

Any thoughts and recommendations are welcome
Paul.W
In Canada winter, even here in Virginia, you really want a 0 or 5 for the 1st number. A 10 will slow your cranking in the cold and not lubricate as well during the first period of operation after starting.
larry

/ Single diesel oil for all aplications??
I hear what you are saying about single digits for the first number but New Kubotas recommend 10w30 all year, plus if you look at the specs for that 10w30 it has -33F pour point that is a lat colder than I would want to be outside LOL

Paul

/ Single diesel oil for all aplications?? #8  
The important number is the second, the viscosity at 100 degrees C or 212 degrees F. That is approximately the oil operating temperature. The first number is the cold oil viscosity but there is no standard temperature for all oils for this number. It varies - you can Google it and find how it is determined. Regular mineral oils achieve their multi-viscosity rating by use of viscosity enhancers and can shear down to a lower number with use. Synthetics, however, at least the best ones, do not utilize viscosity enhancers and if it says 5W-40 for example, the 40 will remain throughout its life. You will find synthetics having a broader range than mineral oils. So you will have no trouble using one oil for all.

/ Single diesel oil for all aplications?? #9  
I have been running Delo 400 10-30 or Rotella 10-30 for all the diesels I have. Boat, tractor and gas and diesel cars and trucks as well. Never had a oil wear issue. Just change as needed as well as filters. I have 200k miles on all my daily drivers, no smoke, or use of oil. Just maintain, and enjoy.