Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    2010 John Deere 2520; 2012 Kubota L5740 HSTC; 2012 Kubota M7040 HDC; 2012 John Deere 4720 Cab (SOLD); Cat 247B Multi Terrain Loader

Default Hazard Lights Breaking Off Kubota L5740 Cab

I just picked up used 2012 kubota Grand L5740 cab tractor and I am very pleased with the performance overall. One thing that is not so great is the very poor design, positioning and mounting of the rear hazard lights. I've already broken off two light assemblies while getting to or working on remote food plots. I can see that this tractor was not designed to bull it's way through the woods or skirt the edge of a food plot surrounded by heavy brush. Has anyone else experienced this problem with their Kubota and if so, has anyone come up with a solution...aside from removing the lights. I was thinking about fabricating a guard of some sort but thought possibly someone else had already come up with one. If you've solved this problem I'd really appreciate hearing from you!

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Default Re: Hazard Lights Breaking Off Kubota L5740 Cab

My brother made these for mine, you need to rubber insulate some mounting contact points to prevent resonance from the frame into the cab: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...tml?highlight=
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Tractor
    Kubota L 6060(2), L 5740 (1)

I welded together some square boxes to protect the lights. I just used some 4 inch wide flatbar about 4.5 inches long with a hole drilled in the bottom. You can also buy something similar for trailer lights. The lights on the L5030 would take a lot more abuse than the cheap ones kubota uses now. The only good thing about the new lights is that they are cheap to replace.

Tractor
    JD 7720; Kubota M135GX, NH TS115A; JD 6230; Kubota L5740

Why replace them? The Open ROPS version only utilizes the fender mounted hazards. My M135GX only has low mounted hazards. When I broke my second I was looking to design my own but then remembered there were no high mounted hazards on the tractor I traded. Then I looked at my M and it's tall cab has only low so I took off the broken pieces. Besides the last one took out the fuse when the lamp broke apart and I wanted working hazards. It's interesting that my high mounted rear working lights are better protected and have never has a problem while the cheap hazards stick out like a sore thumb.
    JD7720; KubotaM135GX; NH TS115A; JD6230; KubotaL5740

Gold Member
    Tractor
    2006 New Holland TC45A, 2011 Kubota L5740 HSTC-3

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    I welded together some square boxes to protect the lights. I just used some 4 inch wide flatbar about 4.5 inches long with a hole drilled in the bottom. You can also buy something similar for trailer lights. The lights on the L5030 would take a lot more abuse than the cheap ones kubota uses now. The only good thing about the new lights is that they are cheap to replace.
    I'd like to see pics of this.
    Certified Commercial Applicator since 1982

Elite Member
    Parts Supplier

man be careful, another 4-6" and you'll be breaking your cab glass.

Tractor
    NH, JD, CC

How can this be? You must be doing something wrong. kubota makes the best. It can't be Kubota's fault they build the best.

Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements

I've seen several posts on making guards...might also find they are available through kubota, so I'd suggest asking a local dealer first.

Cab tractors do well in wide open spaces and snow plowing drives and roads...not so good in navigating through wooded areas. It's not really a design problem...you're just using the wrong tool for the job.
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Tractor
    NH, JD, CC

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJackson View Post
    I've seen several posts on making guards...might also find they are available through kubota, so I'd suggest asking a local dealer first.

Cab tractors do well in wide open spaces and snow plowing drives and roads...not so good in navigating through wooded areas. It's not really a design problem...you're just using the wrong tool for the job.
    Maybe he should buy another tractor for working in the woods then.

Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    Maybe he should buy another tractor for working in the woods then.
    Not really....what he has is what he has...just has to be careful when operating.
    Stuff like this isn't limited to Kubotas or cabbed tractors.
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast