Hazard Lights Breaking Off Kubota L5740 Cab

/ Hazard Lights Breaking Off Kubota L5740 Cab #1  

fleminj2pa

Bronze Member
Tractor
2010 John Deere 2520; 2012 Kubota L5740 HSTC; 2012 Kubota M7040 HDC; 2012 John Deere 4720 Cab (SOLD); Cat 247B Multi Terrain Loader
I just picked up used 2012 Kubota Grand L5740 cab tractor and I am very pleased with the performance overall. One thing that is not so great is the very poor design, positioning and mounting of the rear hazard lights. I've already broken off two light assemblies while getting to or working on remote food plots. I can see that this tractor was not designed to bull it's way through the woods or skirt the edge of a food plot surrounded by heavy brush. Has anyone else experienced this problem with their Kubota and if so, has anyone come up with a solution...aside from removing the lights. I was thinking about fabricating a guard of some sort but thought possibly someone else had already come up with one. If you've solved this problem I'd really appreciate hearing from you!

/ Hazard Lights Breaking Off Kubota L5740 Cab #3  
I welded together some square boxes to protect the lights. I just used some 4 inch wide flatbar about 4.5 inches long with a hole drilled in the bottom. You can also buy something similar for trailer lights. The lights on the L5030 would take a lot more abuse than the cheap ones Kubota uses now. The only good thing about the new lights is that they are cheap to replace.

/ Hazard Lights Breaking Off Kubota L5740 Cab #4  
Why replace them? The Open ROPS version only utilizes the fender mounted hazards. My M135GX only has low mounted hazards. When I broke my second I was looking to design my own but then remembered there were no high mounted hazards on the tractor I traded. Then I looked at my M and it's tall cab has only low so I took off the broken pieces. Besides the last one took out the fuse when the lamp broke apart and I wanted working hazards. It's interesting that my high mounted rear working lights are better protected and have never has a problem while the cheap hazards stick out like a sore thumb.

/ Hazard Lights Breaking Off Kubota L5740 Cab #5  
I welded together some square boxes to protect the lights. I just used some 4 inch wide flatbar about 4.5 inches long with a hole drilled in the bottom. You can also buy something similar for trailer lights. The lights on the L5030 would take a lot more abuse than the cheap ones Kubota uses now. The only good thing about the new lights is that they are cheap to replace.

I'd like to see pics of this.

/ Hazard Lights Breaking Off Kubota L5740 Cab #7  
How can this be? You must be doing something wrong. Kubota makes the best. It can't be Kubota's fault they build the best.

/ Hazard Lights Breaking Off Kubota L5740 Cab #8  
I've seen several posts on making guards...might also find they are available through Kubota, so I'd suggest asking a local dealer first.

Cab tractors do well in wide open spaces and snow plowing drives and roads...not so good in navigating through wooded areas. It's not really a design problem...you're just using the wrong tool for the job.

/ Hazard Lights Breaking Off Kubota L5740 Cab #9  
I've seen several posts on making guards...might also find they are available through Kubota, so I'd suggest asking a local dealer first.

Cab tractors do well in wide open spaces and snow plowing drives and roads...not so good in navigating through wooded areas. It's not really a design problem...you're just using the wrong tool for the job.

Maybe he should buy another tractor for working in the woods then.

/ Hazard Lights Breaking Off Kubota L5740 Cab #10  
Maybe he should buy another tractor for working in the woods then.

Not really....what he has is what he has...just has to be careful when operating.
Stuff like this isn't limited to Kubotas or cabbed tractors.