New to me John Deere 5093E

/ New to me John Deere 5093E
If your 2 year old JD tractor doesn't cool well enough to "hang meat," something's wrong. :D Even this time of year, after the first few minutes, I have to turn my fan to low or it will get TOO cold in the cab.

Jim's suggestion about the filters was my first thought, but you said they're clean. Are both the temp knobs turned all the way to the left? (both heat and cold)
What about the core? (in front of the radiator) Is it plugged with dust? If not, it's time to put the gauges on and check the compressor.

Dealer kept it for three weeks and said the problem was the expansion valve..They said they replace that..It is better than before they worked on it but it still does not seem to me like it is as cold as it should be..Where is the expansion valve? Is it under the hood or in the cab roof?

/ New to me John Deere 5093E #12  
Most of the time it's right by evaporator so should be on roof

/ New to me John Deere 5093E #13  
I'd recommend installing a manual heater hose cutoff valve. In Texas a tractor cab heater sees very limited service even in the Winter time.

/ New to me John Deere 5093E
I'd recommend installing a manual heater hose cutoff valve. In Texas a tractor cab heater sees very limited service even in the Winter time.

How and where?
I notice two rubber hoses under the door of the cab..Is that the heater hoses?

/ New to me John Deere 5093E #15  
Any accessible place on heater hose will be fine

Attachments

• P13964A________UN10MAY06.gif
    P13964A________UN10MAY06.gif
    8.8 KB · Views: 59
   / New to me John Deere 5093E #17  
I put a manual heater hose cutoff valve on my 4255 yrs back because the heater control valve wouldn't completely shut off the water. It really helped the ac cool the cab.