New to me John Deere 5093E

/ New to me John Deere 5093E #1  

1Lawman

Silver Member
Tractor
2012 John Deere 5093E
Couple of questions
1. A. C. not too cold...What temp should cold air be on a 95 degree day? Should tractor a. c. blow as cold as a pickup or automobile?

2. Should the aluminum hydraulic lines be hot to the touch even when just mowing with a 6 foot mower with no hydraulics...

3. I hear a little bit of racket back in the area of the hydraulic connections..Anything to worry about?
Thanks

/ New to me John Deere 5093E #3  
Rule of thumb air out of ducts should be a least 20 degrees cooler than ambient temp on a good operating system 40 degree air can be produced.
Hydraulic fluid will heat up any time it goes thru a restriction noise at coupling sometimes indicates this or noise is being transmitted down line by a valve such as pressure reducing or a control valve check the temp of lines to see if this a problem hyd will operate normally at 80 or so degrees above ambient temp this is very normal Good luck

/ New to me John Deere 5093E #4  
How many hrs on the tachometer? Tractors run in dustier conditions than most auto's. Therefore cab air filters, cond & evap. must be REGULARLY cleaned. If the 3 items I mentioned are clean then AC coolant pressures needs to be checked with gauges.

/ New to me John Deere 5093E
Rule of thumb air out of ducts should be a least 20 degrees cooler than ambient temp on a good operating system 40 degree air can be produced.
Hydraulic fluid will heat up any time it goes thru a restriction noise at coupling sometimes indicates this or noise is being transmitted down line by a valve such as pressure reducing or a control valve check the temp of lines to see if this a problem hyd will operate normally at 80 or so degrees above ambient temp this is very normal Good luck

I'm getting a 20 degree drop in a.c. air vs. ambient air temp so I guess it's fine..My pickup does MUCH better than that..Seems like the tractor a.c. should do as well but I guess it doesn't...

When mowing with a 3 point mower I keep the lift set at the height I want the front of the mower to be and set the tail wheel on the ground to support the back of the mower..Is my hydraulic pump having to work to hold the front of the mower up even though I am not raising or lowering it?

How many hrs on the tachometer? Tractors run in dustier conditions than most auto's. Therefore cab air filters, cond & evap. must be REGULARLY cleaned. If the 3 items I mentioned are clean then AC coolant pressures needs to be checked with gauges.

All filters are clean

/ New to me John Deere 5093E #7  
I think air blowing out of ducts should be closer to 40 degrees cooler than ambient temp.

I think air blowing out of ducts should be closer to 40 degrees cooler than ambient temp.

My pickup and automobile a.c. are that good ..I checked some other John Deere tractors yesterday and they ranged from 20 - 25 coolers cooler..

/ New to me John Deere 5093E #9  
I agree the AC should put out colder air but most auto dealers will tell you if its 20 degrees cooler its in specs be sure and check air flow over condenser not plugged up if you can check pressures unit cycling properly etc. Good Luck

/ New to me John Deere 5093E #10  
If your 2 year old JD tractor doesn't cool well enough to "hang meat," something's wrong. :D Even this time of year, after the first few minutes, I have to turn my fan to low or it will get TOO cold in the cab.

Jim's suggestion about the filters was my first thought, but you said they're clean. Are both the temp knobs turned all the way to the left? (both heat and cold)
What about the core? (in front of the radiator) Is it plugged with dust? If not, it's time to put the gauges on and check the compressor.