Traction Kubota BX25D with snow plow traction question

/ Kubota BX25D with snow plow traction question
that picture IS worth a thousand words

/ Kubota BX25D with snow plow traction question #22  
N idaho?? here are pictures from a few years ago... the tractor one is from this previous winter and the other from around 08-09.

i would hope you are also getting a standard fel and bucket for your Kubota -there are times it may come in handy, in addition to the blade. congrats on the new tractor - you will love it:thumbsup:

Attachments

• CIMG1672.jpg
    CIMG1672.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 265
  • Rhino snow day 004.JPG
    Rhino snow day 004.JPG
    604.6 KB · Views: 252
N idaho?? here are pictures from a few years ago... the tractor one is from this previous winter and the other from around 08-09.

i would hope you are also getting a standard fel and bucket for your Kubota -there are times it may come in handy, in addition to the blade. congrats on the new tractor - you will love it:thumbsup:
Dan, It does come with a FEL, and a back hoe in case I hang it up, I can pull it back out with the back hoe. I'm down by Silverwood, and have heard it gets a bit less snow here than further up north or east. We just moved in a couple weeks ago. where are you located? were coming down from Alaska, so I know not to trust anything the weather guys say, there usually only halfway right, Michael

/ Kubota BX25D with snow plow traction question #25  
Regardless of snowfall in inches high winds can multiply this greatly. I would recommend buying some chains. And buy them soon. 'Tis the season when sellers of tire chains are selling out now until next season.

/ Kubota BX25D with snow plow traction question #26  
Dan, It does come with a FEL, and a back hoe in case I hang it up, I can pull it back out with the back hoe. I'm down by Silverwood, and have heard it gets a bit less snow here than further up north or east. We just moved in a couple weeks ago. where are you located? were coming down from Alaska, so I know not to trust anything the weather guys say, there usually only halfway right, Michael

yes- around Silverwood there is less snowfall than farther north ( where we're at)- in general.

With the back hoe weight and loader / plow you should be in good shape. I agree with whistlepig that having a set of chains for some extra traction is a good idea- just in case the snow gets deep before you can get out to plow it.

/ Kubota BX25D with snow plow traction question #27  
Regardless of snowfall in inches high winds can multiply this greatly. I would recommend buying some chains. And buy them soon. 'Tis the season when sellers of tire chains are selling out now until next season.

Your right about "drifts",we live by the river, lots of open space too....
The drifts and high winds are wicked. I hate winter.:mad:;)

/ Kubota BX25D with snow plow traction question #29  
I think you will definitely want chains. It was surprising to me how my BX with turfs would get pushed around by heavy snow- even if it wasn't too deep. The backhoe will help get you unstuck but it does take weight of the front and hurts your ability to steer. If you have another vehicle that can help you get unstuck I would leave the hoe off in favor of a normal weight implement like a box blade. For snow country like idaho I think might want to think about a blower later on. A BX with blower and chains would be unstoppable and a blade with no power would get old pretty fast

well, I don't know if I will need them or not, but I just ordered a pair of rear wheel spacers (2") and a pair of rear when chains, I went with the 2 link chains for more on the ground if needed. I would rather have them and not need them, than not have them and need them desperately!

t need them than n