Which Mini Excavator

/ Which Mini Excavator #1  

mwieber

Tractor
n/a
I need to purchase a mini-mini excavator that I can fit through a 29" door opening to operate in basements. Does anyone have experience with this sort of equipment? I know Kubota, Bobcat, Takeuchi, Yanmar and others manufacture equipment for this purpose.

/ Which Mini Excavator #2  
The smallest I have seen was a little Kubota that was 32" width, K007 or K008?. Finding something smaller than this is going to be tough.

/ Which Mini Excavator
kubota, Bobcat, Takeuchi, and Yanmar all make models with pull-in tracks, allowing them to squeeze through a 29" opening. Please reply only if you have actual information.

/ Which Mini Excavator #4  
What's the airflow like in the basement - jCB did an electric excavator (750kg, expanding tracks etc) which was designed for enclosed spaces due to no emissions. A very rare machine, but if you're buying new it could be worth a look

/ Which Mini Excavator #5  
kubota, Bobcat, Takeuchi, and Yanmar all make models with pull-in tracks, allowing them to squeeze through a 29" opening. Please reply only if you have actual information.
Since you seem new to TBN be aware that YOU don't control the responses and are liable to get all sort of off the wall suggestions.

/ Which Mini Excavator #6  
'''

Look a hole why don't you look up everything yourself?

/ Which Mini Excavator
Yes, it turns out several manufacturers have electric models, including Takeuchi and Volvo. Airflow is always a problem. Ive heard about air scrubbers on the exhaust, but I don't know how well they work. Someone has also suggested a flexible extension on the exhaust so that we could run it out a window. Not sure about that either.

/ Which Mini Excavator #8  
. . . Please reply only if you have actual information.

If you're on TBN looking for responses ONLY from people that have run a mini-ex that's less than 29" wide, I suspect all you will hear is crickets chirping.

/ Which Mini Excavator #9  
I have a Kubota U17 that is 3'3" with the tracks pulled in. What is it you're wanting to know?

If you're operating in confined spaces, flexible exhaust hose is the only reasonable and affordable option. Any option will be a pain in the rear though unless you opt for an electric model.

/ Which Mini Excavator #10  
We have a bobcat mini in work we do demo and plumbing floor trenches with .it fits in a 3` 0`` 6`8`` opening .Take off 4 bolts and ropes comes off.Open all windows and run big exhaust fan you`ll be fine or opt for propane model for prolonged use Weuse propane high lows and forklifts skidsteers all day.:drink: