PTO

/ PTO #1  

nesttun

Tractor
Ford Jubilee
Hei

My first try on this site. I have a Ford Jubilee 1953. My question is, what controls the PTO rpm. Is it dependent on the rpm of the engine. My first try at mowing and it seemed like, low rpm of motor equals low rpm on the PTO. Higher rpm on the motor and I am going way to fast to mow in deep grass. Does anybody know what the deal is on the rpm of the PTO. Thank you Rex

/ PTO #2  
Welcome to TBN.

image-1542832945.jpg

Yes, PTO RPM is directly related to engine RPM.

Engage PTO and increase engine RPM to the "PTO" Mark on your dash gauge. If forward speed of tractor is too fast, pick next lower gear. I think your tractor has four speeds forward?

Key issue is to get PTO RPM correct to get best effectiveness of attached implement. Then select gear that give you a comfortable forward travel speed.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ PTO #3  
Hei My first try on this site. I have a Ford Jubilee 1953. My question is, what controls the PTO rpm. Is it dependent on the rpm of the engine. My first try at mowing and it seemed like, low rpm of motor equals low rpm on the PTO. Higher rpm on the motor and I am going way to fast to mow in deep grass. Does anybody know what the deal is on the rpm of the PTO. Thank you Rex

The engine speed dictates pto speed. Try lower gears until you get the right combination of speed and mower rotation.