How much do you insure your tractor for???

/ How much do you insure your tractor for??? #11  
Sigh. I'm getting quoted $2300 like they are doing me a favor for just my tractor.

Holy cow! Your tractor is probably valued three times what my tractor, trailer and mower are worth. Given that, that's still pricey insurance. Must be all the great modifications you put into your tractor! :)

/ How much do you insure your tractor for???
   / How much do you insure your tractor for??? #13  
Man, is that confusing. Almost worse than trying to read IRS instructions.

The links only work for someone who is a member of "Big I" apparently.

The first link seemed to be viewable by everyone:
http://www.iiaa.org/webfolder/la/ask mike/2008/ask mike #08-06.pdf

"Our insured recently bought a John Deere 5625 utility tractor. He keeps it at a camp which he owns with 3 friends, through an LLC. Is there any way to provide coverage through his Homeowners Policy? Would it help to add the camp as an insured location?..."

If you think THAT one is confusing, try THIS one !

http://tinyurl.com/l57ca2h

The first link seemed to be viewable by everyone:
http://www.iiaa.org/webfolder/la/ask mike/2008/ask mike #08-06.pdf

"Our insured recently bought a John Deere 5625 utility tractor. He keeps it at a camp which he owns with 3 friends, through an LLC. Is there any way to provide coverage through his Homeowners Policy? Would it help to add the camp as an insured location?..."

If you think THAT one is confusing, try THIS one !

http://tinyurl.com/l57ca2h

These insurance underwriters are as bad as lawyers!

So, I know that lots of people here do "community service" with their tractors. Mowing for a church is probably the most common. I happen to mow for a conservation organization that maintains a historic farm and open conservation land. If no one mows these areas they become overgrown and return to brush/forest in less than a decade. So, how can one obtain appropriate coverage for the liability part (I'm happy to either go without tractor coverage or just continue the Inland Marine policy). Are we automatically covered as a "volunteer" under the non profit organization's liability coverage???

/ How much do you insure your tractor for??? #15  
We live on a private maintained road about 2 miles long with about 12 residents.My neighbors asked me if I could snow plow the road this coming winter with with my tractor.I checked with my insurance agent about liability insurance and was quoted $500 per year for a commercial policy.

/ How much do you insure your tractor for??? #16  
Tractor rates will go up if you specify you will be Digging.

Attachments

• IMG_0969_small.jpg
    IMG_0969_small.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_3353.jpg
    IMG_3353.jpg
    1,022.5 KB · Views: 87
  • Ripper 00106.jpg
    Ripper 00106.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 100
  • Ripper 00091.jpg
    Ripper 00091.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 91
   / How much do you insure your tractor for??? #18  
I have insurance through CNH (Inland Marine Policy). I have replacement cost coverage. Also includes glass coverage for the cab. Some implements are also covered (I had them insure what came with the tractor). I have since purchased more implements that are not covered yet. They have to be listed separately. They are covered by H.O. ins while on my property.
Coverage for Tractor is $23k
Loader (is an attachment) is covered for 3K.
Snow pusher blade covered for $1500.
I have $200 deductible and annual premium is $205. Here's a brief description of my policy

Direct Physical Damage Insurance (Direct PDI)
Provides coverage to repair or replace insured equipment in the event of direct physical loss or damage.
Direct PDI coverage is available for cash purchases, outside financing and paid off retail contracts.

Coverage
Covered perils include, but are not limited to:
Collision
Overturn
Earthquake
Theft
Fire
Tornado
Flood
Vandalism
Hail
Wind
Ingestion of foreign objects
Vermin infestation

Coverage extends to:
Replacement Benefit
Tires & Tubes

Pollutant and Debris Removal

Deductible Options
$500 or $1,000 for most agricultural and construction equipment
$200 for small tractors ?9 PTO H.P. engine horsepower or less
?1,000, $2,500 or $5,000 for harvesting equipment
One deductible per occurrence for multiple pieces of equipment covered on the same policy
(highest deductible applies)

I got this policy because Homeowners will only cover it while on my own property. Once tractor leaves property Homeowners no longer covers you for loss.

/ How much do you insure your tractor for??? #19  
Holy cow! Your tractor is probably valued three times what my tractor, trailer and mower are worth. Given that, that's still pricey insurance. Must be all the great modifications you put into your tractor! :)

Total value of tractor and stuff is $61K. over 800 FICO, no tickets in ten years, no claims in five.

/ How much do you insure your tractor for??? #20  
we have farm ins and my tractor is on that.just for my tractor its $300 a year.