KTAC Insurance Rate Increase

/ KTAC Insurance Rate Increase #1  

Tractor2011

Tractor
L3940/HSTC
I've had Kubota insurance (KTAC Insurance) on my L3940 for the last few years. I've never submitted a claim but this year my rate jumped up approximately 30% for no particular reason. When I inquired about the rate increase I was told everyone's rates were increased. KTAC is now charging me almost as much as I pay for my Corvette, so I'm in the process of looking around for an insurance company that can cover my tractor at a reasonable rate. Any suggestions?

/ KTAC Insurance Rate Increase #2  
Try CNH

/ KTAC Insurance Rate Increase #3  
I've had Kubota insurance (KTAC Insurance) on my L3940 for the last few years. I've never submitted a claim but this year my rate jumped up approximately 30% for no particular reason. When I inquired about the rate increase I was told everyone's rates were increased. KTAC is now charging me almost as much as I pay for my Corvette, so I'm in the process of looking around for an insurance company that can cover my tractor at a reasonable rate. Any suggestions?

Does this cover tractor for loss or is liability included also

/ KTAC Insurance Rate Increase #5  
I insure my tractor for peanuts with my homeowners.

Please, tell me how you did it. I've had several insurance providers tell me they can't insure my tractor since it has a value greater than 15K, that is as high as Michigan allows or requires. Somehow the state is involved in this.

/ KTAC Insurance Rate Increase #6  
I called Grady at bay view insurance,(231) 941-2244, gave hime the vin number, and he added it. I also had to give him a value and model name. Call him lol.

/ KTAC Insurance Rate Increase #7  
I went through the same thing with them last year... They're deaf to reasoning that a 30% increase in one year is "reasonable". I discussed my tractor coverage with my homeowner insurance company - and Yes, it's totally covered while on my property. No extra charge.

That does not cover it on public roads, but that's an extremely rarely a situation for me.

/ KTAC Insurance Rate Increase #8  
Yes. There was a rate increase last year and some of you are noticing it now that your policy is up for renewal. I understand some people look at the percentage increase and have a problem with it. However, the point is not as much to do with the increase (I understand that is easy for me to say) but rather how cheap our insurance was before. My point... a 30% increase for insurance that was priced too low is different than a price increase for insurance that is already priced above our competitors. Insurance through KTAC provides excellent coverage, service by a Kubota owned company, and is still competitively priced for all that is offered.

For those comparing coverage, a homeowner policy is not the same coverage. In addition to lack of off property coverage, during transit, accidental damage (hitting a stump), and limited value coverage (cap on how much $$$ they will actually cover), a typical HO policy has a very high deductible ($500, $1,000, or 1% of the value of your house) compared to $250 with KTAC. If you ever file a claim, the difference in deductible alone (if the damage is covered) is enough to pay for another year or more of insurance through KTAC.

Another way of looking at it... If your income is $30k a year and you get a pay raise of 30%, you will be making $9k more. If your income is $130k a year, that same 30% increase equals a pay increase of $39k. The thing to consider is the actual dollar increase and not the percentage because KTAC was priced very low. The price increase for a $15,000 tractor went from $180/year to $234/year which is $4.50 more per month.

Question... Does an insurance agent through another provider care if you buy another Kubota? Something to consider.:thumbsup:

Brian

/ KTAC Insurance Rate Increase #9  
30% increase is highway robbery.

Shop around guys, even healthcare does not see increases of more than 20%.

Regards, Fred

/ KTAC Insurance Rate Increase #10  
I paid the increase and went on. It is darn good insurance guys. It covers a lot.