TRACTOR NEWBIE

/ TRACTOR NEWBIE #11  
Terry--First find you a Kubota Dealer you like and trust, then explain to him your needs. You don't want to get a tractor and then find that it might not be big enough. If you can get the Grapple you'll never regret it. I have Grapple Envy so I'm trying to save for one and justify it with the little woman.

Charlie

/ TRACTOR NEWBIE
I have read all your posts and thank all of you. I have a test drive scheduled Saturday..if I can break away from remodeling the house.....whole 'nother story...Will keep you informed. If anyone else has any feedback on the MX series, please post.
Thanks again.

/ TRACTOR NEWBIE #13  
Terry,
I purchased the MX5100, and can vouch as to it's versatility. I got the b/h 92 attached with full frame, as well as bush hog, tiller, 844 fel, 84"box blade. As for fuel comsumption, I avg 1 gal imp / hour on most tasks, between 1700 to 2100 rpm.
I am at 400 hrs now and have had no serious issues with the tractor. In my opinion, well worth it!

/ TRACTOR NEWBIE #14  
I know nothing about the 3800, but I can strongly recommend the mx5100. Mine has the R4 tires and so far I've had no problems getting stuck. Without the 4x4 it would be kind of shakey, though. I'd say I average about 2 gal/hr on diesel, and that's working it pretty hard.

/ TRACTOR NEWBIE
Well I finally pulled the trigger and ended up with an MX5100. I had to pay a little more than I thought because I wanted a pre emission tractor. I used it over the weekend and loved it! I guess I can be a kid and play in the dirt! I am surprised by what I can do with it, and I'm glad I went with the bigger tractor. I am also surprised by the small amount of fuel I used.....about five gallons. I'm sitting here at work today trying to think of some "work" that needs to be done this weekend.

/ TRACTOR NEWBIE #16  
Well I finally pulled the trigger and ended up with an MX5100. I had to pay a little more than I thought because I wanted a pre emission tractor.....
What do you mean you had to pay more? The tier 3 tractors (mx5100) should be quite a bit less expensive than the new tier 4 tractors.

Congrats on the new tractor btw

/ TRACTOR NEWBIE
I was looking..trying to decide what to buy. I decided I didn't want to go with a tier four, seems like more stuff to break. The MX5100 inventory dried up so that there were no deals. In September I was offered incentives not to finance. When I bought in October the local dealer didn't have any new "old" models left, so I was forced to go two hours away and pay delivery and no rebate. I still think I made the right decision . When looking to spend 30k I was going to take my time so that I wouldn't have regrets.