Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    JD 1025, previously Gravely 5650 & JD 4010

Default Fuel consumption

Anyone know how much diesel your NH TC18, JD 4010, MF GC2300 or BX1800/2200 use per hour?

Neighbor has an old JD of probably about 30ish Hp. Friend of hers who runs it says it uses a gallon/hr. Its fuel gauge no longer works. You have to stick it. Helps to know how much it uses to not have to do this. Thing holds 8 gallons.

I'm guessing these mentioned above use about 1/2 gallon/hr.

A diesel automobile running for an hour at about 3,000ish rpm would probably use near 2 gallons for a mid size and a gallon and a half for a Rabbit/Golf-sized one.

Ralph

Gold Member
    Tractor
    TC24D

Default Re: Fuel consumption

It's hard to say with any precision since I top it off before it drops below 1/4 tank, but I would say my TC24 burns about 1/2 gallon per hour on average. Full bore mowing or snow blowing would obviously use more.

Brad

Gold Member
    Tractor
    MF GC2300

Average of 1/2 gal/hour's probably about right for my GC2300. And, I agree with Brad--full-bore snowblowing probably uses a bit more.

Veteran Member

As I mentioned in another thread, I have averaged about 2/3 gallon per hour on my TC18, but I use the heck out of it -- very little mowing, usually heavy lifting, digging, clearing, moving dirt, grading, etc.

Gold Member
    In the middle of the palm of your right hand...wait, that doesn\'t sound good...
    Tractor
    4010 JD Cut, 4020 JD, shovels, rakes, and implements of destruction

My JD 4010 Cut uses about 1 gal/hr when brush hogging and tilling - I work it, not baby it. About 1/2 gal/hr for normal usage, and about 3/4 gal/hr for mowing...so I guess I'm about the same as Don.

Tractor
    Kubota B2910

I have a B2910, 30 hp kubota. It will use about 6/10 of a gal per hour mowing. I am sure it would be more plowing.

Tractor
    Kubota 2410

You did not ask about a B2410, but on average I get about 10 hours with 5 gallons.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    NH TC25D

This reply is not directed at anyone in particular....

I'm confused [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]. For a given rpm, how can the task being performed substantially affect how much fuel is used? In other words, if I am mowing grass at 2500 rpm wont I use the same amount of fuel if I were plowing at 2500 rpm? Just trying to understand. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tractor
    JD 4310 eHydro, new Dec. of 2002

Not so, the more you load the engine the more fuel it will use to maintain the required RPM's

Tractor
    JD 8320 MFWD, JD 6415 MFWD, FEL, and cab, John Deere MFWD 4600, John Deere 4020, John Deere 4430, John Deere 455 mower, Deutz, and Gehl 4610 perkins skidsteer

Think of it as speed going up a hill in a car Mike. If you are going 65 you have to increase the accelerator to stay at that 65 speed. Then you use less fuel to go the same speed on the flat. It's the same with the tractors except, just like cruise control will increase your fuel consumption to keep going the same speed, the tractor motor is designed to do the same thing with regard to rpms.

When I'm pulling my manure spreader I'm at pto speed and don't use much fuel. However, when I hook a mower conditioner to the tractor I'm still going the same speed and at the same rpms but I'll go through fuel twice as fast using the mower conditioner as I will spreading manure.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast