Oil & Fuel Fuel consumption

/ Fuel consumption #1  

RalphVa

Tractor
JD 2025R, previously Gravely 5650 & JD 4010 & JD 1025R
Anyone know how much diesel your NH TC18, JD 4010, MF GC2300 or BX1800/2200 use per hour?

Neighbor has an old JD of probably about 30ish Hp. Friend of hers who runs it says it uses a gallon/hr. Its fuel gauge no longer works. You have to stick it. Helps to know how much it uses to not have to do this. Thing holds 8 gallons.

I'm guessing these mentioned above use about 1/2 gallon/hr.

A diesel automobile running for an hour at about 3,000ish rpm would probably use near 2 gallons for a mid size and a gallon and a half for a Rabbit/Golf-sized one.

Ralph

/ Fuel consumption #2  
It's hard to say with any precision since I top it off before it drops below 1/4 tank, but I would say my TC24 burns about 1/2 gallon per hour on average. Full bore mowing or snow blowing would obviously use more.

Brad

/ Fuel consumption #3  
Average of 1/2 gal/hour's probably about right for my GC2300. And, I agree with Brad--full-bore snowblowing probably uses a bit more.

/ Fuel consumption #4  
As I mentioned in another thread, I have averaged about 2/3 gallon per hour on my TC18, but I use the heck out of it -- very little mowing, usually heavy lifting, digging, clearing, moving dirt, grading, etc.

/ Fuel consumption #5  
My JD 4010 Cut uses about 1 gal/hr when brush hogging and tilling - I work it, not baby it. About 1/2 gal/hr for normal usage, and about 3/4 gal/hr for mowing...so I guess I'm about the same as Don.

/ Fuel consumption #6  
I have a B2910, 30 hp Kubota. It will use about 6/10 of a gal per hour mowing. I am sure it would be more plowing.

/ Fuel consumption #7  
You did not ask about a B2410, but on average I get about 10 hours with 5 gallons.

/ Fuel consumption #8  
This reply is not directed at anyone in particular....

I'm confused /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif. For a given rpm, how can the task being performed substantially affect how much fuel is used? In other words, if I am mowing grass at 2500 rpm wont I use the same amount of fuel if I were plowing at 2500 rpm? Just trying to understand. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Fuel consumption #9  
Not so, the more you load the engine the more fuel it will use to maintain the required RPM's

/ Fuel consumption #10  
Think of it as speed going up a hill in a car Mike. If you are going 65 you have to increase the accelerator to stay at that 65 speed. Then you use less fuel to go the same speed on the flat. It's the same with the tractors except, just like cruise control will increase your fuel consumption to keep going the same speed, the tractor motor is designed to do the same thing with regard to rpms.

When I'm pulling my manure spreader I'm at pto speed and don't use much fuel. However, when I hook a mower conditioner to the tractor I'm still going the same speed and at the same rpms but I'll go through fuel twice as fast using the mower conditioner as I will spreading manure.