Kubota B7100 D..older model.. Retrofit a custom built cab, heater and lighting

/ Kubota B7100 D..older model.. Retrofit a custom built cab, heater and lighting
Yes, I did mean Cm...ita about a foot and a half deep on the driveway. Larry is bringing my tractor here at noon.. It will be a good test of it, as soon as it gets here, we will be blowing snow in spades. My diveway is 300 feet x 24, plus the aprons (3) about 10,000 sq ft. that oughta be a good workout for my little tough Kubota and its Meteor 51" blower. Fingers are crossed for the maiden voyage. More reports to follow.

If all goes well, I will be very happy. Main concern is shear bolts, and little sticks from the big pines that overhang the margins. Sorta like the first night with a new bride, huh? Will take some photos, I hope...If all goes perfectly, I may get a little drunk. Been a long wait...for a Kubota ******.:censored:

Jix

/ Kubota B7100 D..older model.. Retrofit a custom built cab, heater and lighting #22  
I had a similar situation regarding snow plow drivers. I had lived on my property for seven years or so with no major hassle with excessive snow thrown into my driveway entrance. Then one year, for no apparent reason, snow was three feet deep at the entrance gate - set back some fifty feet from the highway (I live on a major highway). I took exception to this as I had to be taken to hospital one night, by ambulance, in the middle of January the previous year. Had my driveway been blocked with 3' of snow the emergency vehicles would never have been able to reach me - my house is set back 1/4 mile from the front gate.

I ended up writing and complaining about the sudden depth of snow for no reason and brought attention to emergency vehicles (fire, ambulance and police) not being able to access in the event of a major situation. Copies of the letters were sent to the highway maintenance company. local MLA and the provincial minister of transport. It got their attention and I had several telephone calls from management and also a personal visit from the area manager for dept. of highways.

I let them know that as a pensioner who made an effort to keep the property entrance clear, that I did not appreciate having the entrance blocked by careless snow plow truck drivers. I asked a simple question - who would pay for a replacement house if mine burnt down due to fire trucks being unable to access the property due to snow dumping? It got the attention I needed and there have been no more "huge" dumps of snow.

Safety is a big factor for everyone - not just highway traffic.[/QUOTE

I know a guy who is in charge of the local state highway dept plow crews. We were driving along one day and came up on a snow plow. He said look at how fast she is going and look at the huge plume of snow that thing is throwing. I forget the numbers but he said he was definitely going to have a talk with her on Monday. Those plows aren't so bad at slow speed but when they get in a hurry they begin throwing a huge far reaching bow wave like a supertanker. Have you ever noticed that all the local mailbox destruction seems to happen at the same time in one area and wondered how that could be? It's usually one driver and probably a new one. Of course since the recent era of budget shortcomings there is great reason for those folks to drive faster. They likely aren't getting any overtime which was once a major part of their paycheck during that season. That's a pretty solid reason to have it back in the barn on time if you know what I mean.