Bronze Member
    Tractor
    BX2360 JD 425 jd 455

Default newer bx not stopping when reverse pedal released

wondering what to look at on a bx that wont stop when you let up on the reverse pedal, forward will stop within the 9 ft per the manual

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360

Default Re: newer bx not stopping when reverse pedal released

Grease the linkage and check it for freedom of movement? That might be step one.
    BP

"Some chickens, some gardens and a Kubota."

Tractor
    M 9540 Kubota

Quote Originally Posted by bp fick View Post
    Grease the linkage (from the pedal to the hydro's) and check it for freedom of movement? That might be step one.
    ]We need more people to WORK for a living and less people to VOTE for a living!
    (proven on 11/6/12)

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360

Some of what I'm about to say is sheer speculation. With that caveat, the 50 series BXs stopped so abruptly that kubota rushed the 60 series out to prevent any tarnishing of the reputation of the line. The also canned the plastic hood and body fenders.

In returning to a "rolling stop", they may have actually over compensated a wee bit. (That's the sheer speculation part). I was totally used to this run on aspect with my first BX, an 1860. It's all I knew and I took it all in stride and as normal. Then, I got a B2320. Wowser, the somewhat abrupt stopping I had heard about with the 50 series BX was eerily familiar as I adjusted to life with the B2320. It was brutally quick, in comparison to my old BX1860. I adjusted. Got used to that aspect of its' operation as "normal".

Then, last winter, upon selling the B, I returned to a BX with a 2360. The first day, I just about rolled through the back of the garage.

OH YES!!! I reminded myself. These BX's do this. First thing I did was a complete service on the new-to-me BX and I greased the zerk under the rubber floor mat tab and sprayed some lube on the linkage down below. It took me all of a day of snowing plowing to adjust back to the old, new normal.
    BP

"Some chickens, some gardens and a Kubota."

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    BX2360 JD 425 jd 455

thanks, I grease it every 20 hrs, it only has 150 on it,I;ll check the under neath out as well

Gold Member
    Tractor
    '07 Kubota BX2350

I had a constant problem with my BX2350 not going to neutral when the pedal was released (normally letting off of forward). Turns out there is an adjustment lever on the outside of the transaxle that I needed to adjust. Get your hands on a WSM and it explains the procedure which took about a half hour including removing one or both rear tires. Note that the adjustment I made was not to the return spring - BTDT.
    '07 BX2350, FEL w/ toothbar, 60" MMM, 5' KK back blade, 60" Farm King 3PH snowblower, 42" home built disc, carry all