Can't take my lawn mower for a spin, without a spindle.

/ Can't take my lawn mower for a spin, without a spindle. #1  
Tractor
Ford YT 16H
I own a Ford YT 16 H riding lawn mower. I purchased it new in 1990, from a local dealer. It has been a reliable machine over the years and if possible, I would like to keep it running. My problem is, last year the left spindle broke. I could not find a replacement for it because the part is obsolete and reproduction of it has been discontinued. I had it welded back together, but because the break occurred at the point of the brass bushing of the front steering assembly, there could not be a weld bead left to help strengthen the weld, and after a year of mowing my lawn, it broke again.There is a thread on this forum of members who own mowers like mine, and I have a suggestion to try and find a closely matching spindle by taking the broken spindle to a local dealer. This Ford lawn tractor was made for Ford, by Gilson / sold to Toro / LawnBoy, in the 90's. The part # 740383-03 (this is a Toro/LawnBoy parts list). The model # of the lawn mower is 9800687. I am still searching various lawn tractor salvage yards to find this part. If anyone has any suggestions to help me in my quest, it would be appreciated. If you know someone who may know someone, that may even help. I know it sounds a bit desperate, at this point I guess I am.

/ Can't take my lawn mower for a spin, without a spindle. #2  
Try mowpart.com they have a good selection and a good price on blades etc. Texas I believe is there location

/ Can't take my lawn mower for a spin, without a spindle. #3  
Sounds to me like it's time for the blu point tool and some bar stock, IOW, make one.

/ Can't take my lawn mower for a spin, without a spindle. #4  
Try mowergraveyard.com They might be able to help you. They are in Jamestown, Pennsylvania.
Ken