Where to get info on Montana 3840 wiring schematic?

/ Where to get info on Montana 3840 wiring schematic? #1  

yoderski

Tractor
Montana 3840
Hi you all,
I am the owner of a 3840 Montana tractor for 8 years, with a front-end loader. The starter safety switch has gone bad, so I can only start it by using a screwdriver on the starter. However, I was able to get the replacement part from PartsforMontana tractors, but no one can get me a wiring schematic for my mechanic. I understand from an experienced mechanic, that you never had the wiring schematic in the manual, but had to get it from Montana tractor directly. Well, that is no longer possible! Any way to get this, or does someone have a place to get this? Thanks in advance. Atmore, AL

/ Where to get info on Montana 3840 wiring schematic?
Thanks, joe for your prompt reply. No, the parts manual is downloadable off Internet, and does not have the schematic. I don't have the repair manual, but have been told it doesn't have it. And I think the mechanic has done the replacement the same way, but because it doesn't fix the problem, he needs the schematic to go further. To see where the problem is.

/ Where to get info on Montana 3840 wiring schematic? #4  
I'm not sure what the model number is of the Montana we have at work. I'll check and see what info we may have.

/ Where to get info on Montana 3840 wiring schematic? #5  
Sorry. Not much info in the Owner's Manual.

/ Where to get info on Montana 3840 wiring schematic?
Thanks for the help, but I guess I am stymied at present. No one seems to have access to the wiring schematics anywhere...

/ Where to get info on Montana 3840 wiring schematic? #7  
I have a Service Manual for the Montana 3040,3840. it is a paperback that I got from Montana for $50. years ago. There is a diagram in the back that might help you - I'll try to attach.

There was an Operators Manual that came with the tractor. In my opinion I would be embarrassed to give the book away, my guess is it was electronically converted from Korean before there were electronic converters.

I see PartforMontana sell both the Operators manual and a Service/Repair manual. I don't know if they are the same as the hard copies or not but it would be a place to start??

hope it helps
Gary

Attachments

• Montana 3040,3840.jpg
    Montana 3040,3840.jpg
    774.1 KB · Views: 3,689